On April 26th 2015 we ran the Madrid Rock N Roll half marathon. Trying to get ready for this race caused us a lot of stress. I told Marcus everyday for about 2 1/2 months that I thought it was a bad idea. With his crazy work schedule, and the fact that even at nearly 6 months our son couldn't/wouldn't sleep for more than 3 1/2 hours with out eating (Read: I wasn't getting enough sleep), and the constant sicknesses we seemed to be battling, it just didn't seem possible most days. Fortunately Marcus's ever optimistic attitude kept us going. He was even so sweet that many days he'd come home during his lunch break to watch Lucas for me while I got my runs in. This made it so that I could get the sleep I needed in the morning, and still get my running done for the day. Then on race day he ran with me the whole time, and we managed to make it across the finish line with out walking. We ran pretty slow, but we made it! I think we finished at 2:17.
It was a huge accomplishment. And, because of our upcoming move, it was that much more meaningful and cool to get to run through the city we'd grown to love. There were a ton of people running, and it was kind of a rainy dreary day, but we couldn't have asked for a more convenient race! It started at Plaza Cibeles, right by our apartment, and ended in Retiro, also right by our apartment. There was a little less Rock N Roll music than we'd expected and the last mile we got absolutely soaked, but it was and amazing experience, and I am so happy we did it! Also, I'm so happy and lucky to have been able to do it with Marcus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment