I told both the girls that every other year we would throw them a big friend party. We'd done Avery's in January at La Bolsa Magica, and I thought we'd find a different place to do Hailey's in April. As the date got closer and closer though Hailey told me that what she wanted more than anything was to have a combined party with some of her friends from school. Three of the girls in her class all had birthday's in April. One of them, Maria, even had the same birthday as Hailey, April 28th. I kept asking her if she was sure, and she begged me to let her do it with her friends, so in the end I had to pull out my awful Spanish and go out of my comfort zone. I asked some of the parents at school if we could join in their party plans, and then were, as they always are, super nice and let us jump right in. Hailey had a really great time. She is such a social little girl, and loves her friends. It was fun to see her with them.
For her birthday dinner we all went out to Hard Rock. The girls loved Hard Rock. They even came over and sang to here, which completely made her day. This is one girl who doesn't mind being the center of attention.
For her birthday we got her what she considered the coolest present ever. We let her get her ears pierced! She seriously couldn't have been more excited. Marcus made her work for it, because he wasn't sure 7 was an appropriate ear piercing age, but I thought it was fine. At any rate, she did what she had to and was able to get her ears pierced. Fortunately, she was really excited about it, because I don't think she could have had a worse experience.
We went to a little pharmacia, because that is where they pierce ears in Spain. Marc, checked the place out ahead of time, and told me there was a sweet little old woman there who did it. I kind of paused when he said "old", but he told me he thought it would be fine, so I tried not to worry about it. When we got there she called Hailey back, and had her pick out her earrings and put dots where we wanted them to go. She loaded the gun and got ready to do her first ear, but her had slipped and the earring went in the bottom of her ear lobe. She had to take it out and do it again. Hailey was a trooper, but you could tell it hurt. She finally got it in the right ear and then went to do the other side. It took her a while but she finally got it in, but then she realized she hadn't put in two of the same earring and so she asked if it was OK, or if we wanted matching earrings. Of course we wanted matching earrings! One of the reasons Hailey wanted her ears pierced so badly was because she was one of the only girls in school without pierced ears. We definitely didn't want her to feel silly about them because they didn't match! I asked Hailey what she thought, and she said she wanted them to match. Unfortunately, there was no way to swap them out without repiercing her ear. We all breathed a big sigh of relief once it was done. It was such a traumatic experience, but Hailey was all smiles at the end. This little girl really wanted those earrings!
Hailey is just a really good kid. She is smart, fun and happy. She wants to please, and is so easy and fun to be around. We love our Hailey Jane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment