December 4, 2013

Christmas is Coming!

 Last weekend we decided to go find a Christmas tree.  I'd kind of looked into getting a real tree again, but it seemed like it was going to be maybe a little more work than it was worth.  We ended up going to El Corte Ingles on Goya for a tree.  We weren't exactly sure what we wanted, but we ended up finding a great tree that I'm sure we'll use for many years to come. 

They had a little fair set up outside the Christmas shop at El Corte Ingles.  The girls HAD to ride on the Christmas train.  It was having some maintenance done, but we waited patiently for a couple minutes, and it paid off with front row seats for these two.  They loved it. 
 After a fun train ride we headed home on the metro.  Then the fun of decorating began.  I think we had a few more ornament casualties this year than last, but we ended up with a beautiful Christmas tree.  The girls and Marc did it all.  I am actually just now realizing that.  I don't think I put a single ornament on the tree this year.  I maybe moved one in or two that Avery had placed right next to each other, but that was the extent of my decorating.  The girls (supervised by Marc) did the whole thing and it looks fantastic.




 Some blurry Family shots in front of our finished product.  These pictures don't do it justice it really does look good.  So fun to be able to decorate with the kids, and have them be old enough to really do it.  We are super excited for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!!! Hope you're enjoying the Christmas season and picking up some new Spanish traditions!

    ReplyDelete