September 4, 2013

Our Last Week

 
 On our way home from Boston we stopped by the NBA Hall of Fame.  Marcus was in heaven.  His dream job would be to work for the NBA.  I swear he knows more random facts about sports than anyone I have ever met.  He was so happy there.


 He has a pretty impressive wingspan too.  He got to do a teleprompter reading.  He was made for it!
 When we got back we got straight to organizing.  We were sending some things by sea, some by air, and some we were having put in storage.  Friday morning when the movers came I felt like I was such a mess.  They showed up and hour early, and I wasn't ready for them!  I was running around throwing things in different piles yelling out "BY SEA"..."BY AIR" I felt like Paul Revere.  (Haha, I know that's not even a good or funny joke, but at 12 am after several hours of trying to update the blog I think it's pretty funny.)  
 Had to take a picture of the girls in our Lobby.  It's kind of sad to me to think this place will never be our home again.  It really was a great building. 
 After the movers left Friday afternoon I had Marc take the girls to the suburbs to retrieve a life Jacket we'd left at a house there, and I deep cleaned our apartment.  It was pretty gross.  It was such a small space, and we had so much furniture that couldn't actually be moved, so once everything was gone there were just huge amounts of dust everywhere.  Fortunately it is so small that it really only took me about 3 hours of cleaning to get the place sparkling. 
As soon as I was done cleaning we headed to Severin and Lissa's place.  They were nice enough to let us stay with them Friday night since our apartment was empty.  Marcus had gotten some extra tickets from the firm to the Met's game that night, so we got a babysitter for the kids and all headed out.  It was really fun.  There was even a Third Eye Blind concert afterward.  The concert was a little weird, it made me think the lead singer of Third Eye Blind is actually super weird, but it was still a ton of fun.
The view from our roof.  I really will miss our little "hood."  I love this area.
 


Hailey and Avery seemed perfectly fine Friday, and then as luck would have it they woke up early the next morning and Hailey said her head was hurting, moments later she ran to the bathroom and threw up.  She and Avery both had fever's and slept most of the day.  We totally took over the Neilson's house, which I still feel bad about.  It was like my worst nightmare come true.  There wasn't much we could do though, so around 4 we headed to the airport. 

Marc returned our rental car while the girls and I picked up our tickets.  JFK is probably the worst airport in the world.  The Delta staff were so rude.  My girls were feeling awful.  Luckily I'd gotten a Target bag from Lissa before we left.  Hailey started saying she needed to go to the bathroom and on my way there with the girls and all of our luggage she threw up in it.  People just pushed by us too.  I was very ready to leave New York at that point. 

Marc finally made it back though and we checked our bags and got through security just in time.  The girls felt awful and had bad fevers on the flight, but they didn't throw up anymore.  I actually had an empty seat next to me for the first hour of the flight, but then apparently a women was mad at the man in front of her for reclining his seat and they got in a little fight and the flight attendant asked if she could sit next to me.  I was so stressed out about how sick the girls were that I seriously wanted to say NO!  But of course I didn't, I was just mad in silence at the woman next to me.  Luckily though the girls were so exhausted they really slept well on the flight.  It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. 

1 comment:

  1. First of all- love the Paul Revere joke! That is so much like my parents trying to get their house packed with some things being shipped, some stored and some going with them. It was craziness. The Hall of Fame looks amazing. That is totally Marc's cup of tea! Wish we would have joined you! Super bummer about the girls being sick! I'm glad it went as well as it did! It's hard to believe you've really moved!

    ReplyDelete