My sweet, sweet husband surprised me the weekend before Mother's Day with the best gift ever. He came out with a note Friday night that said my itinerary for the following day. It went like this: 9:30 meet up with Lissa (Marcus and Severin planned this together so Lissa and I got to spend the day together) 10:00 massage, 12:00 Lunch reservations, 2:00 Newsies, 4-whenever shopping. While we were out enjoying this wonderful day, Marcus and Severin walked to Costco with the kids and back and made dinner for us. Seriously!! What an awesome husband! It was an amazing gift! Something I will always remember.
I would feel a little dishonest if I didn't talk about my initial reaction to the gift, which was definitely less than ideal...When Marc first handed me the list I looked at it and maybe wasn't as excited as I should have been. I felt like it was a little overboard. My mom had just left town, and I already felt like I'd kind of spoiled myself while she was here. We'd gone to a Broadway, and out to Museums and I'd even gotten a babysitter one night...something I rarely do...Anyway, I felt like I'd already done a lot for myself.
I am always adding up dollars and cents in my mind, and 5th row seats to Newsies, Lunch reservations, and an hour massage in Manhattan sounded well over what I thought the appropriate Mother's Day gift amount would be. Marcus reluctantly worked through the costs for everything and he'd gone to great lengths to also get good deals on everything, something I really appreciate. :) Anyway, I finally started to get really excited about it, and Saturday was honestly such an amazing day! I had so much fun with Lissa, and it was really nice to get out without the kids, and just be a woman living in NYC!
Love Marcus so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So my first thought while reading this was, "I need to show this to Brandon!!!" Ideas for next year :-)! I'm super proud of my brother!!! What an amazing day! Glad you let yourself enjoy it- well deserved!!!
ReplyDelete