March 29, 2013

A World Apart

Well there have been a lot of changes going on lately.  Two years ago all of my family other than Brett and Jess, were in Utah.  All of Marc's family other than Brandon and Michelle, were in Utah. 

Then in my family Ash moved to New Jersey, and then moved to Chicago.  We moved to New York.  The following year Nate and Rachel got married and moved to North Dakota.  Brett and Jess are of course still in New Orleans.  Anyway we are now pretty spread out across the US.

Marc's family though have stayed pretty close.  This past year Michelle moved back to Utah to stay with her parent's while Brandon finished his rotations.  Steph and Brad are living in Utah County.  Doug of course is there.  Kimba has been serving a mission in Hong Kong.  And we are in New York, but other than that everyone has been pretty close. That is all about to change!

It started with these two receiving a call to be mission presidents in El Salvador!!!  They are the best inlaws a girl could ask for.  All of the missionaries already serving in or getting called to El Salvador are in for a treat because these two will be amazing!  But, El Salvador is a long way away...when we told Hailey she got really sad.  She started to cry.  It was sweet.  WE LOVE these two.


Hailey's reaction to the news.  We found out while we were in D.C., and she was super sad in our hotel room that morning!

Shortly after finding out about Kai and Diane's call Doug got his mission call.  Doug is graduating this year, and has been called to serve in Guatemala!!  Crazy!!  Doug's one of my favorite people out there, and he's gong to be an awesome missionary! 
 Last week Brandon and Michelle found out about their residency.  Brandon Matched in Boston, and so these two cuties and their parent's will be moving to Boston in June.  We were super excited, especially because Boston is so close to New York.
Then on Wednesday we got some news of our own.  At the end of August we will be moving to Madrid Spain!!  
 
Hailey's immediate reaction was, "sure" (I think only because I told her we'd go on a Disney cruise if we moved).  I asked Avery how she felt about it and she said, "I want a cookie!"
After her cookie she felt better about things. 

Marcus will be staying with the same law firm, but working in their Madrid office.  It's something we've been interested in for a while.  In fact all through law school it was Marc's goal to be able to practice international law.  When we started working at the firm he kind of had his eye on the firms office in Tokyo or Brazil.  I half jokingly but pretty seriously said..."I don't know about Tokyo, but I'd definitely do Madrid."  Haha...well there you go.  Madrid it is!

I've got a lot to figure out...as does almost everyone else in Marc's family.  Things are so crazy right now I don't even know where to start.  I ordered a super expensive Spanish language set last night....I'm hoping I can get a couple solid Spanish phrases down before the move. (I seriously speak zero Spanish...didn't even take it in Jr. High...opted for French instead...I have a feeling the next few months of "Learning" Spanish are going to be abysmal!)  We've got a lot to figure out. 

It's definitely an exciting time for everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty much how I feel after a cookie too! Crazy times for all. So many different adventures ahead... I guess I will have to BLOG! Love You GUYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such big news for everyone!!! I want to go on a Disney cruise with you... but with our budget I may have to settle for a cookie like Avery :-)!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll be hablando in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete