A few days after Christmas we were able to take a vacation to Utah to visit our families. It was a great time. It always is!
We started out our trip with some more Christmas presents, which is always fun. Sweet aunt Ash got the girls outfits, and Toms. They loved them! She's such a good aunt.
Hailey had been wanting to go sledding really bad. Since we haven't really had any snow this year here in New York I told her we'd definitely do it on our trip. When we landed she was so excited to see all the snow on the ground. Sledding became her top priority. We went a few times. It was super fun each time. By the end of the trip Hailey would even go down the hill by herself in the tube.Avery on the other hand was happy to get dressed up, but after going down the hill a few times on peoples laps she'd had enough. When we'd ask if she wanted to go down with us she'd furrow her eyebrows and say, "NO, too scary!" It was really funny.
This picture below is one of the ugliest and funniest pictures ever taken of me. I can't help but wince and laugh every time I see it. My mom thought this was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. I almost deleted it immediately, but in the end decided it was just too funny to get rid of. ;)
The girls soaked up all the time they could get with Aunt Ash while she was around.
Hailey and Avery had such a great time with all of their cousins. They loved that they got to spend a day playing with Taylee.
And they had a blast playing with Kylee, and meeting their new baby cousin Tyson. This trip was big for us, because it was our first time meeting sweet little Tyson. The girls loved him, maybe a little too much at times, but they just couldn't get enough of him. He is such an adorable addition to the family!
The cousins got to spend New Year's Eve together and rang in an early new year with pots and pans.
We had so much fun with the Hintzes.
We were also able to visit some friends from law school. I didn't get any pictures with Jeff and Kristin and their kids, but I did snap this hilarious picture of Hailey and Owen when we went out to visit Landon and Meredith. These two are so dang cute together. We were all super impressed that Owen let Hailey be batman.
We had to take advantage of those fun things we just don't do in New York. Of course on the top of the girls list was Kangaroo Zoo. They had a blast as always.
Next on the list...McDonald's of course. They love the play places, and the food, so it's a win win.
Before we went back my mom and Bruce took Avery to build a bear for her birthday. She had a great time, and got an adorable dog.
I wonder why she picked a dog??? She loved spending time with my family's dog Sadie. She is so sweet with kids the girls can't get enough of her.
I wish I had pictures of everything we did. We met up with friends, went on a lot of dates, and spent a lot of time with family. It was a great vacation!
We had so much fun with you guys! We miss you already! I LOVE your tubing picture!!! That is awesome! The picture with your mom and Avery is beautiful!!! It was so good to have all the cousins together... we just might have to move to the east coast to make it happen a little more often :-)!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to home for a little bit! The hardest part of living far away is missing your family so to get a fix is definitely the best!!!
ReplyDelete