December 26, 2012

Christmas and the Big 28

We had a great Christmas Yesterday.  The girls were so excited about it, and were thrilled that Santa came through and delivered just what they'd asked for.  We recorded almost the whole thing, but didn't take many pictures. 
 
Hailey kept saying, "This is the best Christmas Ever!"  It was really sweet, and such a fun time.  Here are some of the pictures I did manage to take.
Christmas Eve we read some Christmas stories and watched a video about Jesus' birth.

The girls set out the food for Santa.  Hailey decorated this cookie especially for him, and made a special card just for him.
 
 
 Hailey really wanted to make presents for everyone this year, so she drew pictures and she wrote everything all by herself.
 
 The girls showing off what Santa had given them.  Hailey got her Doctor Mommy doll, and Avery got the slightly expensive French baby doll and stroller that she'd fallen in love with ever since someone left one of these babies up in the playroom.  They were both thrilled!

 The girls showing off their Christmas dresses. 


 

 We got the girls a bunk bed for their dolls.  I don't know how I didn't foresee this happening!

Christmas dinner was delicious.  Marc was so sweet and cooked crepes for breakfast.  Then cooked Christmas dinner.  It was heavenly.  He made the day completely care free and wonderful.
 Then it was birthday time.  We had the Pearson-Fife family over for cake, Ice cream, and a game.  It was a lot of fun!
 I got some great presents. 
 I'm 28 years old.  I keep hearing friends of mine in Utah complain about how old they're getting and saying they're so close to 30.  I have to say one thing about living in New York is I'm still feeling pretty dang young!  Even with in the church here I'm pretty young to have a 4 year old, like the youngest by a couple years to have a four year old, so I'm feeling pretty good about 28.  I feel like it will be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! All your updates look so fun! I'm SOOOOO EXCITED to see you guys! We have been counting down the days and it's finally here! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete