On the 19th it was our 6 year anniversary. We had the best night. We went to the nutcracker at Lincoln Center. It was so neat to be in the Koch theater. It's beautiful. We tried to snap a few pictures before they told us to put our camera away. ;) I'm happy we went, but next year I'll be fine to go to a Net's or Knicks game instead. It was fun and I'll probably take my girls to it in the future once or twice, but definitely not something I need to make a tradition.
After the Nutcracker we went to a new restaurant that just opened a block or two from the ballet. It's called Boloud Sud, and seriously it was the most amazing food I've ever eaten in my life. This sounds weird and cheesy, but genuinely I didn't know food could taste like that. It was AMAZING. We had a great octopus salad that was amazing, an amazing steak, and amazing sides. There were even some things I looked at and thought they looked weird, but then I'd put a spoonful in my mouth and be blown away by how delicious it was.
I've kind of told myself that expensive restaurants are a waste ever since going to this place in Chicago with a firm Marc summered with. This restaurant was supposed to be the greatest thing. The Obama's apparently had this place's chef come out and cook for them and it was supposed to be great. Anyway we went in and the waiter started describing all the food, and he kept using the weirdest things to describe it. Like he'd say, "Oh this dish has a really earthy taste to it, you'll taste a lot of deep green tastes coming out and great texture." What does that mean??? Anyway when the food actually came out it was OK, but TINY.
Boloud Sud was delicious, and there was a lot of it. It really was the best meal I've ever had, and it's kind of changed my opinion on fine dining. At one point during the meal Marc looked up at me and said, "Crap, rich people's lives really are way better aren't they?" Haha. I will save my pennies to go back to this place, or to any of this Chef's restaurants. Amazing!
It was the perfect way to celebrate 6 years of marriage to the Man I love. I won't get too cheesy, but I do want to say that I'm so grateful to be married to my best friend, and favorite person in the world. I love you Marc!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment