We decided we needed to take advantage of how close everything is back East. We rented a car for a week and took a fun vacation. The trip started off really well. We were all so excited to be in a car! About an hour or two into the drive Hailey started feeling sick and eventually threw up in a sack in the car. I didn't realize this, but apparently it's really common for city kids to get car sick. It wasn't just Hailey, Marcus and I both had moments were we felt a little sick ourselves. We just aren't used to being in a car. I should have known this might happen with Hailey because a couple months ago Hailey totally threw up in a cab. At the time I thought maybe she had a little bug. Now I know to carry Ziploc bags in the car with me. Who would have thought less than a year in the city we'd all become so soft!
Our first stop on the trip was Hershey Pennsylvania. The girls LOVED it! We went on a tour where they explained how they make chocolate.
The girls got to be factory workers and package kisses from a conveyor belt.
Then they did a little dance to make sure they'd taste just right.
We got a picture with the Hershey Syrup. Marcus was sure to let him know he's used frequently at our place.
We left with a lot of chocolate. The girls had a blast, and I think it was the perfect start to our great vacation. Hershey is definitely a place I'd go to again.
No comments:
Post a Comment