September 4, 2012

Philly with the Slaughs!

Since we've moved here it's been on my short list to make a trip out to Delaware and visit Annalee.  We were great friends in High School and college and even took a trip to Sri Lanka together to work in a Tsunami camp.  I just love Annalee.  She is so much fun and such a good person.  Her family was nice enough to let us come and stay with them for a couple of days.  We went to Philly with them and got to see the Rocky steps and got awesome Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.  Mostly we spent a ton of time talking and laughing about the old days. 

I also got to meet her ADORABLE little girl.  Charlie is the absolute sweetest baby in the world!  Really...Angel Baby!  She doesn't cry.  She had a very rare whimper every now an then, but not often at all.  She smiles at everyone, and when she does she looks just like her mom.  I fell in love with her the first time I held her.  My girls did too.  They couldn't get enough!  Avery is just piecing words together, but every time she'd see her she'd squeal "Hello Chalie!!"  It was really sweet.  We had the best time.  We hope they'll visit us in New York soon!



 The group minus Kevin, Charlie, and I taking a run up the Rocky steps.





 To our surprise our girls LOVED their cheese steaks.  They both ate their whole sandwich, which is not a normal occurrence in our home.  We have some picky eaters, but this shows just how great these Philly cheese steaks are.

 



 
 They couldn't get enough of this little girl!




Such a great trip!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Just saw this! Cuz I'm a lame-o blogger now! I love and miss you! Gonna see you this weekend though!! Yay! Thanks for all the kind words! We had SUCH a great time!!

    ReplyDelete