August 17, 2012

Life Lately

 Avery is almost 19 months.  She is now officially a nursery goer, and to our surprise, has no problem with it.  She seems to really like it.  These pictures are of her first day in nursery.  She was exhausted by the end, as she always is.  Eleven O'clock church is not toddler friendly. 

Her 18 month appointment went well.  We got her stats:
Weight:  25 Pounds = somewhere between the 50-75%
Height:  34 3/4 inches = 98%
Head Cir.:  48 1/4 cm = 90%
 I got a very blurry picture of her nursery class.  I can't believe she is old enough for nursery!  Her little life feels like it's gone by so fast.  It seems like yesterday she was just a little newborn!  We love our Avery so much.  She is full of spunk.
The girls and I have been trying to beat the heat lately.  On a hot day we love to come get one of these little Iced treats from a lady outside a project near our place.  Someone told me they're called Puerto Rican Ice, but I don't know if that's actually true.  I don't know what's in them, or what they're called, but they are delicious.  To my girls they are the best treat in the world on a hot summer day. 
 We've been trying to get the most out of our Zoo Membership.  We went with some friends a few weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun.

 I don't generally consider myself to be a "Lucky" person, but I had a bit of luck a month ago.  One of my favorite blogs, Mommy Poppins, was doing a giveaway for a youth program.  The company is called TADA!, and they're kind of a kids Broadway group.  They were giving away 3 prizes, A t-shirt or something, Tickets for 2 to one of their performances, and then the grand prize was a summer camp.  Well I decided to enter to win, and amazingly enough I won the grand prize!  Summer camps are a big deal back here, and I was feeling a little lame for not having Hailey signed up for anything, so this was the perfect solution.  These camps are normally $450 too, so it was a really great prize!  Hailey has LOVED IT!   
 Today was their last day of class, so we got to go watch their performance.  It was really cute.  Programs here are very expensive, but the teachers here are very talented.  To be able to do a class like this for free was so nice!
 There performance was called "A Day at the Beach."  Hailey did great.  To my surprise she even had a few lines by herself.  I had no idea.  It was really cute!
 After her show was over we went out for lunch. 
 Over the past 2 weeks while Hailey has been in class Avery and I have tried to find ways to keep ourselves entertained in a different neighborhood.  We spent a lot of time at Madison Square Park.  They do free kids concerts there on Tuesday's and Thursdays, so Avery and I were able to catch one of those. 
 After several days of the same playground I decided we needed a new scene.  We went to the zoo the other day for a change of pace.  It's always so weird being out with just one of the girls now.  It feels so much easier.  Funny how complex I thought life was with one, and now whenever I just have one it's like a total vacation.  I don't even want to know how hectic three would feel.
Now we are preparing for school to start!  Schools here don't start until September, so we still have a few more weeks, but I can't believe my little girl needs a backpack and lunch box already.  She's really excited.  I hope it's a good experience for her.  Avery is going to miss having her around during the day.  Life just feels like it's moving really fast!

4 comments:

  1. Avery is growing up!!! And so is Hailey! She's darling in her summer camp! That IS lucky!!! I bet she did a great job! That's totally up her alley! I'm nervous about having 2 kids! If one is easy to you now, I think I'm in for a big shock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute girls! I love that Hailey got to do the summer camp, that is awesome. Good luck with the school thing...I'm still freaking out just thinking about that day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hailey is starting kindergarten?! really!? how fun and exciting! avery looks so big compared to when we last saw you guys (b/c obviously she is). glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures!! Sounds like things are going well for you guys, I'm so happy for you! you're girls are beauties!

    ReplyDelete