Last Wednesday was Marcus's birthday. He managed to come home from work early so we could have a fun night out. We had pizza, cake, Ice cream, and presents with the girls. Then we got them bathed and ready for bed for the babysitter. Then Marc and I headed out for a little Apollo theater adventure.
After several attempts Marcus finally looked up at me in this picture and asked if they were trick candles...yes, yes they are. I'm really not even the biggest fan of trick candles but they were the cheapest ones I found at our local CVS, so I went for them. They would NOT go out. I eventually had to blow them out one at a time and then run them under cold water because they kept relighting. It was kind of funny though.
We went to Amateur night at the Apollo. It was so fun! If you are traveling to New York and want something you can only do in NYC but that's different than the usual touristy things you should definitely try amateur night. It was so funny! It's kind of like a talent contest, but be warned if the person performing isn't good, they get booed off the stage. It's kind of brutal. One person got booed off. I felt so bad for her. I actually thought she was pretty good. Anyway it was a really fun way to spend Marc's birthday. Totally up his alley. He loved it.
The picture of us above is with the host Comedian Capone.
Happy Birthday Marcus!
What a fun birthday!!! I bet the show was right up Marc's alley! Sounds like a blast!
ReplyDelete