We were back in Utah a couple of weeks ago for a little family vacation. It turned out to be such a great trip. Hailey and Avery loved being with their grandparent's and seeing uncles and Aunt Steph. We loved all of that too, but we also loved that they were all so nice and watched our little girls for us while we went out and had some fun. It was a great vacation.
Here are some of the pics:

Hailey told everyone on the airplane that she was going back to Provo to see her grandparents. As she was boarding the plane she struck up a conversation with some people that showed some interest in her. She said, "I'm going to Provo! I used to live in Provo, but now I live in New York, but I'm going to visit my grandma and grandpa in Provo, and we are going to go to the Kangaroo Zoo!!!" It was really funny.
I can't tell you how many people in New York Hailey has told that she moved from Provo. I always find myself tensing up when she does this. Provo has a little stigma to it that I don't always like being associated with, but lets face it Utah has that same stigma, and less people recognize Provo. Plus it's a stigma I'm trying to embrace and represent in a positive way. It's been funny though.

While in Utah Marc and I went skiing a couple times. The first time at Brighton. Marc is a great skier...I'm not. I've only been a couple of times, so it was more of a teaching opportunity than a ton of fun for him. It was so nice though to get out together.

We've missed these beautiful Utah mountains.

After skiing we had to get our favorite Cafe Rio pork salad.

A couple days later we decided to take Hailey out skiing for the first time. It was so fun. She was a little scared at first, but by the end she was doing it by herself. It was so fun.

I loved how cute she looked with her little skis in hand.

We loved hanging out with Uncle Nate. Marc and I enjoyed playing some quality Mario Brothers and Mario cart with him. Nate gave Avery a pillow pet for Christmas, and Hailey had a break down because apparently she'd always wanted one. Nate being the amazing uncle he is surprised her with this pillow pet.

The night before we left we got together with a bunch of law school friends. I didn't get a picture with our big group, but I did snap a couple of these two. Hailey loves her friend Owen. He is such a sweet kid. I love these pictures of them.

Their little color coordinated outfits make me smile!

We took in a little high school basketball and watched Uncle Doug.

Then we took the red eye flight home. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! The girls weren't bad on the flight, but I was so tired I felt sick to my stomach! It took a long time to recover from that trip. It was totally worth it. I just won't make the mistake of flying the red eye again!
We spent the other parts of our trip catching up with family. We took Hailey bowling for the first time. We went out on a few movie dates and just had a ton of fun. Thank you both sets of grandma and grandpas! We love you all! Thanks to our great friends that we were able to see!
So jealous on so many levels!!! I miss the mountains, cafe rio, and you guys! Glad that you guys had fun, it looks like a blast.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! The skiing looks great, the Cafe Rio looks AMAZING, and being with family sounds SO good. Wish we were there! Love that Hailey feels so connected to Provo :-).
ReplyDelete