January 3, 2012

My Girls

I feel like I haven't covered much of the changes in these girls in the past posts. They are so funny. They are the two people who somehow manage to both bring the most joy and most frustration into my days. I love them so much though and their funny little unique personalities.
As you can see Avery is now rocking the new pony head hair. We fought it for a while, but I just realized it was the only real option we have. I've already warmed up to it though.

I've thought for a while about how to describe Avery's personality and I don't think I can do it in less than 20 paragraphs. She's a complex little thing, but if I had 10 words to describe her they'd be:
1. Determined-She knows how to get what she wants. And she doesn't stop her super high pitched terrible scream until it's hers!
2. Smart- I know all parent's think their kids are smart, and I am no exception. Avery is a really bright thing. She is especially good at hearing and mimicking noises. She started saying "Hi" at like 9 months.
3. Sweet-She loves her parent's. She just wants us to hold and play with her all day. It's only when we don't do that that we run into problems.
4. Inpatient-She's pretty good at letting me know what she wants, but if I don't do it right away she let's me know I'm in trouble!
5. Friendly-Avery isn't quite as outgoing as Hailey, but she does love to play with other little kids. She gets shy pretty easily, but she often smiles and waves at random people we pass on the street. "Hi" was her first word.
6. Funny-She is somewhat a more serious personality. She doesn't just laugh at anything, but when you do something really funny there isn't anything cuter than this little girls laugh. Her little serious look she gives when she doesn't want someone to make her laugh is great too. When she's in her serious mode she just tries not to make eye contact with you.
7. Curious-Especially if she thinks she can't have it.
8. Cuddly-She always wants to snuggle with her parents.
9. Hungry-I swear she is always eating something, and if you are eating something and not immediately giving her some she's not happy with you!
10. Feisty-She puts up with a lot from her older sister. She recently has figured out how to fight back though. She usually hits her sister in the face or pulls her hair. She doesn't put up with her sister mistreating her.
Hailey is growing up so quickly. She is such a smart and fun little girl. Skinny jeans were made for this little girl. She looks adorable in them. Alright ten words for Hailey:

1. Outgoing: She loves to talk to anyone and everyone. She loves attention
2. Smart/Insane memory: I have to be careful with her because I can tell her that I'll do something for her tomorrow, thinking she'll forget and it will get me out of it, but as soon as she wakes up the next morning and sits up in her bed she reminds me of what I told her I'd do. That's one little example but she just really has a crazy memory!
3. Flirty: She loves to pretend to be a princess, and to pretend that the boys in her preschool are the princes. She hugs them all the time, and occasionally she's been know to kiss her little boyfriends.
4. Excitable: Everything is so exciting to her. She loves getting out and doing things.
5. Happy: She is generally a very happy child.
6. Sneaky: She is smart, and she already tries to manipulate me sometimes.
7. Bully: She takes her sisters toys all the time. As soon as I'm not looking she is all over her.
8. Funny: She loves to laugh, and she is really good at laughing at herself.
9. Friendly: Hailey hasn't met a person she doesn't want to be friends with.
10. Dramatic: She is seriously a drama queen sometimes. She definitely has a flair for the dramatic!



Love these girls!

Avery as you see below is walking. She took her first steps at about 10 months, but because she was such a quick crawler everywhere she didn't really start walking well until 11 months.
Check out that cute chubby belly. Jeggings were made for Avery. They are so cute on her I love it!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I had to catch up on some serious post readings! I love them all! Secondly, my mouth started watering when I saw those pics of the sugar cookies:) you know what that means right? That means when income visit you have to make them for this pregnant mama:) sounds like you are surviving and adjusting well though! I'm headed up to ny in a few weeks with a friend so I'll give you a call with more details! Let's plan some play time! Oh and third of all you ARE an anomoly! Why is that word so funny?, i dont know but i love that you called yourself that! I sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the one pony on the top of Avery's head. It's so dang cute. I'm super excited about your New Years Resolution because I'm always checking your blog for updates. I love seeing your BEAUTIFUL family and hearing about the crazy adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete