December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas this year was a lot of fun. It was a little sad to be away from family this time of year, but despite missing family in Utah, we had a really great Christmas. It started off on the 23rd. Hailey and I worked very hard to make and decorate our sugar cookies for Santa.
On Christmas Eve we were invited to the Taber-Kewene's home in our ward. They introduced us to some of their family traditions. We had great food and great company. We do a co-op preschool with them and another family in our ward, so Hailey had a ball playing with their boys and the other kids there.

Around seven we headed back to our place to do our own Christmas traditions before bedtime. We started out by opening presents. They were all thrilled with their Pajamas. Then we opened two new Christmas stories. After the whole family was changed into PJs we read our new books. Then Hailey wrote a last minute note to Santa that she signed herself, we got his plate ready, and the girls went off to bed. The next morning was Sunday of course, so we did our Santa presents in the morning, had breakfast, and headed off to church. When we got home we unwrapped all of our presents. It was hard work. I always forget that my kids seem to be happy with just one present. I could totally get away with buying them only one toy. Somehow I always forget that though and we end up with a ton of presents. They were thrilled with everything though. Hailey was seriously smiling from ear to ear, and Avery wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she liked it.

That night was my birthday party. I am 27 years old. I go back and forth between feeling relieved that I'm now 27, in case people on the street ask with me pushing around my double stroller, and feeling sick that I'm my older brother Nate's age. ;) It was a great party though. You can't ask for more than a birthday party on Christmas.
We let Avery practice her cake eating skills for her upcoming birthday. I think she'll be fine!

Christmas 2011 was a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I forgot, until I read this post. 27 is a great age, not as good as 30, but still good ;) Glad you had a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. avery is getting so big! happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Christmas. Love the PJs! Avery is growing up so fast. She is adorable. I can't believe she's almost one. Those girls are BEAUTIFUL! Sure miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you guys had such a good christmas and for you, a happy birthday! your avery is looking so big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute!! And your kids seem so much older than the last time I saw them. So glad you guys had a good Christmas! What a cool experience to live in NY. And thank you do much for the CHristmas card!! I love getting christmas cards and your card was so adorable!! I couldn't get Michael and Brooklyn to let go of it and let me see. They wanted to just hold it all day. We miss seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think about you every Christmas being your birthday and all! I totally should just need to call you:) But Happy belated Birthday!
    Your little family is so cute. What fun traditions and fun memories you have!!

    ReplyDelete