December 6, 2011
Christmas Trees
This past week we went and picked out our first ever REAL Christmas tree. We obviously don't have a car, so Marc was a little worried about how we'd get it home. I told him I'd seen someone else from New York blog about how their husband just strapped it on his shoulder and carried it home. He didn't seem super excited about that idea, but I assured him it would be fine. ;) Luckily our nearest Christmas tree distributor was only a block and a half away. It was a fun, simple, and relatively easy trip to pick out our tree and bring it home.
All we had to do was bundle up these two and walk down the street.
We found a perfect 5 foot tree. The guys cut off the bottom for us wrapped it up and Marc carried it home. They are standing right at the corner of the place we got the tree, and our apartment is on the left side of the street down a block. (It's the white building with all the windows). So seriously not a bad walk.
We came home and had our favorite Mexican food in the neighborhood delivered.
Then the serious work of decorating began.
Hailey was a great helper, and we only broke two ornaments. We consider that a success. :)
Of course we needed some family shots in front of our tree.
Sunday night we went to the lighting of the Christmas trees on Park Avenue. There is a church (I'm not sure what denomination they are) on 90th and every year they block off a couple blocks of Park Avenue and people come and stand in the street, and sing Christmas carols together. After singing several songs they light all of the Christmas trees that span Park Avenue. It was really neat. There are just so many people of very different backgrounds and beliefs, and your in this big city where it's so easy to feel very small, but you all come together and are united in a moment singing about Christ.



A shot of the church and the crowd.
3 out of 4 Hintzes recommend it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
before i started reading i thought, "how did they get a tree home?" thanks for covering it. :) fun post to read! the other day james and i were watching castle and james commented, "i wonder how kristin likes watching castle now" haha oh and i never did reply to the email you wrote me but i told james all about it. i loved reading it. thank you!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. Your life is so fun! I love the Christmas tree adventure, although I would have LOVED to see Marcus strap it to his back :-)! The caroling and Christmas tree reminds me of the movie, Elf. I know I say this every comment, but the Holidays seem SO magical there. By the way, I LOVE the picture of Avery eating dinner. What a cutie!
ReplyDelete-Michelle