Well this may be picture overload, but we had so much fun this past week I felt like I needed to put up all of the pictures. Marcus's parents came to visit for a couple of days, and we tried to pack those days with fun and excitement. The girls and I had so much fun with them on Friday, seeing the 9/11 memorial, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. Then later that evening Marcus met up with us and we went to Time Square and the Toys R Us they have in that area. Saturday we took a walk through Central Park and went to the Met. Then Marcus took us on a tour of his Office, then we went to
Macy's, and then back to Times Square where Kai and Diane went to Phantom of the Opera while we took the super exhausted little girls home to bed. Sunday we were all pretty worn out, so after a day of church we decided to just relax around the apartment and watch Christmas cartoons and eat candy until Kai and Diane left for the airport. It was SO much fun! We already miss them SO much! PLEASE come again soon!

Riding the subway. Hailey got on and said "We are going downtown. This is the downtown train. The other train is going uptown." Kai and Diane were very impressed with her knowledge of direction. I was too. I was not aware she knew the difference between or how to distinguish uptown from downtown. It was probably a lucky guess, but she was right. Funny the things my little girl is learning!

9/11 Memorial


The ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty.

A view of the city from the Statue of Liberty.

Cute grandparents. Multiple times people talked to Hailey and thought they were her parents. They are certainly very young great looking grandparents!
I think people on a daily basis look at me and try to decide if I'm a nanny or a mom. It's the norm here to have children more in the 30's and 40's than the 20's, so I'm kind of an anomaly. It's pretty funny.


Avery and Grandpa at the wall of names they have at Ellis Island. Really cool place to go by the way. A lot of interesting history. I would love to do it again sometime maybe with out the kids.

As always Times Square is a party. On Saturday they had something called
Santacom, or something going on. There were like 10,000 people running around in
Santa costumes. Strange!

The Toys R Us is pretty amazing 4 floors of crazy things. Hailey and
Avery loved the dinosaur though. Avery wanted to go see it up close.

They have a Farris Wheel in Toys R Us. Hailey and grandpa lucked out and got the potato head cart.


We all watched.

These girls aren't used to being out all day. It was exhausting for them. I loved that they both fell asleep leaning the same way. So funny.

Marcus's office with his name plate. It was really fun to see where he spends most of his days. ;)

The Met really is amazing. You could spend days in there. We spent a couple hours. We saw some of the
Egyptian exhibit and then went up to see our favorite art pieces.

(Disclaimer: I have a new camera, and I'm still trying to figure it out as you can tell from the picture above.) The Met.
It was so nice to have family here.
Who's next?!!!
We're not family, well according to Ella we are, but I wish it was us coming next!!! It looks like a party, and we miss you! I love how Hailey knew the train directions. Ella does that with her left and right hand or left or right side, or turns, and I look at her like, what? How do you know that? I think she guesses too, but it's pretty hilarious. She actually got it wrong yesterday, but wouldn't admit it, she kept saying (while holding out her left hand) "Mom! Realize! This IS my right hand!" :)
ReplyDeleteOh I am so jealous that you are in New York for Christmas. I think it is all so magical there and I bet you are having a blast. Looks like you really made the most of the family visit! Glad you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteI wish we were...next that is! That's so fun that there is so much to do so close!
ReplyDeleteSO MUCH FUN! We can't wait to come back. Thanks a MILLION!
ReplyDeleteI WANT TO BE NEXT!!!!! So fun!
ReplyDelete