November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We kicked off our Thanksgiving weekend on Wednesday. Wednesday before the parade I decided to take the girls to the balloon inflation. It was really cool...and REALLY crowded. It was a little difficult to do by myself. Probably not something I'll do next year, but I'm glad we had the experience.


Hailey Hanging out by Snoopy's nose.
A shot of the crowd I was trying to work my way through...with a stroller.
Hailey loved "the big pink bunny".
These girls were troopers.

On Thursday morning we caught the last part of the parade. Ashlee, Avery, and I stayed in the park, but still got a little shot of Santa. Marc and Hailey went up and got a closer view.
Despite being sick, Hailey was THRILLED to see Santa!
Avery was a trooper!
We enjoyed our walk through the park. It was a beautiful day!


After the parade we all got hotdogs. We decided that could be our new Thanksgiving tradition.

We made our own Thanksgiving dinner this year. For the first time ever I cooked a turkey. It turned out pretty well, but we tried to rub butter under the skin and accidentally tore part of the skin. I didn't get a picture of it, but it looked pretty funny. Once it was carved it didn't make a difference, but it definitely gave us all a few laughs. At one point I think Marc asked if it was the ugliest turkey in the world. Haha, it had a good and bad side.
That was our Thanksgiving fun. If we are here for Thanksgiving next year I'd definitely like to do the parade again. It was a really cool experience.

3 comments:

  1. Jealous that you experienced the parade in person....not jealous of the crowds!!! Big cities are crazy! And I can't believe how big Avery looks, she's turning into a little person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a glimps of the parade and I thought of you! Totally thought you would have slept out for it;) I love the bubbly you have rockin and nice work fixing your Thanksgiving dinner! It all looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner looks SO good! Great job. Every holiday is so magical in NY!!! We saw the preview for "New Years Eve," and thought of you guys. We watched Elf with my family when they were here and thought of you some more. NY is calling my name for every holiday!!!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete