November 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It has taken me a really long time to get around to taking these pictures, but in case any of you wonder what our 73o sq. foot apartment looks like here you go!

Living room/kitchen view
Our Kitchen. See that garbage there? It's one of three. We have three garbage cans, because New Yorkers are pretty serious about their recycling. It's been an interesting adjustment for me.
Our bedroom/office.
Our living room.
Our apartment is a one bedroom with a den. This is a view of what we've done to close off the girls "room" from the living space. It's actually worked pretty well.
The girl's room. Yes I took this while they were sleeping. Luckily neither of them seemed to mind.
Our Bathroom.
The best part of our bathroom. Believe it or not these things are incredibly hard to come by. Seriously there are very few apartments that have washer/dryers in the units. Most New Yorkers are just happy to have coin op laundry in their building. I love these!
Entry way/divider view.

Short and sweet. That's it. I'm sure there are plenty of people looking at this living in places 4 or 5 times this size thinking we must be crazy, but I love our little apartment. Don't get me wrong I would love it even more if it were twice this size, but I really am happy here. It helps that our building has a lot of really great common spaces. My two favorite things about the building are first that our concierge/front desk guys are so nice! They have all of our names memorized, and it always makes me feel a little cool when we walk in the building and they say, "Hello Kristin, how was your day?" Haha. Or when they call up and say, "Kristin, there's a food delivery here for you" And I get to say "OK thanks Tim, go ahead and send them up." Haha, I'm such a nerd, but it does kind of make me feel cool. My second favorite thing about our apartment building is that it has a free hot chocolate machine! OK most people would call it a coffee machine, but they have a few different hot chocolate choices too. Hailey and I are definitely frequenters of the hot chocolate machine on cold days.

We also have a celebrity living in the building. It took us a while to figure out what her name was. Marc and I both recognized her, but couldn't think of what we'd seen her in. We'd seriously searched the Internet trying to figure out who she was, but then the other night I sat down and turned on Gossip Girl just for the heck of it and there she was. I'm too lazy to put a picture of her up, but Micheal Michelle lives in our building. She's a super beautiful half black actor who's been in ER and How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I've ridden in the elevator with her, and she said hi to me. Haha...yeah I'm a nerd.

But that's our place. Not spacious, but we are happy here.

10 comments:

  1. Haha, wow that is crazy that she lives there! Your place looks awesome, I'm glad you guys like it there so far! Whenever Owen sees NYC on TV or in a movie he says, "That's where Hailey lives! I miss her." So I'll have to tell you about my first experience filling up the car we bought from you guys, I figured out a good way to open the gas tank door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - it really is a gorgeous apartment! Just today I was missing our old apartment because of the size believe it or not. There are some great positives to living in smaller spaces. Namely, the quality family time, and less space to clean :) Thanks for giving us the tour! P.S. Today Ella told me that she's excited for Disneyworld where she's going to see all of her "Cousins" like Lucy, Adam and Hailey. We wish! Also, you're not a nerd...that is straight up cool to have a doorman to treat you like a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like home! I love your rug in the living room. It's perfect. I love how you have increased storage space with a few cute items. It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really nice and you decorated so cute:) Thanks for the tour!

    Also i have more comments I need to add for past posts...congrats to Marcus on passing the flippin bar exam!!! That is awesome! And Halloween looked like a blast! What a cute ward you have, so lucky to have friends for you and the girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh I love it! When we moved to Calgary we had a 500 square foot apartment, it was tiny but it was home and we loved it. I am sure you guys are having a blast. I watched GOssip Girl right before I read this post so I think it is pretty cool you have a famous person in your building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it! i loved the whole post from your apartment tour to "feeling cool". i totally would too and i love your honesty! it looks like you guys have settled in nice. i am happy for you guys and are glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love It! I think you've done a great job with the space, really cute, and very nice! That is awesome that you have concierge! I feel cool for just knowing someone who has one, and lives in the same building as a celeb, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristin...I've been meaning to text you forever and see how everything was! So glad you are loving it, your apartment is so nice! I'm glad you got a nice place that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you feel like a big kid now Krist? Cuz MAN being able to say, "just send it up" I''d feel freaking awesome too! Ha ha! Well, that and you've got 2 kids! Your place looks cute and cozy! We need to get together! Let's figure something out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the post. The apt looks great!!! How fun! I wish I was a big city girl with a doorman :-)! I could get used to that treatment. But in this phase of our life I would be much more likely to BE the doorman :-)! I sure miss you guys! I'm so jealous my parents are going out next month! Wish we were coming too!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete