November 1, 2011

Halloween!

Halloween was so fun! Saturday was our ward party. It ended up being a cold snowy day! Really cold. It was quite the adventure getting the girls to the church, but we made it.
The girls dressed in their fairy costumes.

We did some trick or treating and played games. It was a lot of fun.
We learned through the ward party that wings can actually be a difficult costume accessory. Hailey decided that for Halloween she wanted to be Rapunzel. I decided we should simplify Avery's costume and have her just go as a ballerina. Here the two are before the trick or treating fun began.
Our Rapunzel
One of the girls in our ward had some cute crafts for the kids at her place. Hailey loved it. She loves having kids her age to play with.
There were a lot of kids. Thank goodness they have a huge living room!
Avery wasn't quite sure what to think of it all.
After the crafts we all set off to go trick or treating. And to my surprise Marc was able to leave work and join us. Thank goodness because the places we went to trick or treat on the Upper East Side were packed. It was crazy. I could barely move the stroller. These people get so many trick or treaters I can't imagine how much candy they must buy. And some of them were still giving away full size candy bars!
Hailey making her way up to a less busy door.
Hailey and a cute little girl in our ward
A view of the madness!
This picture doesn't capture the atmosphere too well, but a lot of the people that own these places go all out and dress up in very elaborate costumes and stay in character. If you look closely you can see Darth Vador in the background.

After hitting the streets and somewhere in the madness loosing Hailey's trick or treat bag we decided to come back and trick or treat through our apartment. They had people sign up if they wanted trick or treaters to come by and then they passed those lists out to everyone. It was really fun. We met a lot of very nice people in our building.

It was definitely a different Halloween then we're used to, but it was a lot of fun!
The girls with their candy. Hailey said Halloween is my favorite day ever. At some point walking home she was on such a sugar high she started singing "I know I'm the best child in the world, I know I am!" It was so funny and weird. I'm not sure where she got that from, but she kept singing it. She's not normally like that, so I'm not sure were it came from. Earlier while we were walking down the street she kept yelling out "Halloween, Halloween trick or treat, our costumes can't be neat." (A Dora thing, but she thinks it's neat instead of beat.) She's such a funny girl.

Right now I'm loving New York. It's different, but I love it. I'm sure the long winter ahead will have some dark days, but there are so many great things about the city! I'll blog about that, and post pictures of our apartment soon.

In other news though...My husband just found out he passed the bar! Thank Goodness!!!!!! We are so happy and so proud of Marc!

5 comments:

  1. So so happy you posted. I have been dying for an update. The girls are too beautiful. Halloween is CRAZY there. I think we had 5 trick or treaters here in our little West Des Moines neighborhood. I thought NY was the place to be for New Years, but apparently they do Halloween just as well! I LOVE Hailey's song. Hilarious. Glad you're doing well, and a HUGE congrats to Marcus. Love you guys!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Marcus! I too had the same thought about the New Years/Halloween crowd. Apparently New Yorkers just know how to have a good time. I love the stories and seeing the new adventures. I'm a little jealous of your fun experience. I wish I was there! We miss you guys a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! Wish I could have been there to see Hailey's excitement. Congratulations Marcus!!!!! We had no doubt and would have been extremely surprised had it turned out any differently. Glad you guys are adjusting to the city life. Have fun and give my girls a hug from Grandma. Love Mom (Grandma Jacque)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just catching up on your last 3 post so I'm so glad you guys got there safely! That car packing job was impressive, nice work! Congrats Marcus! It does look like such a fun adventure! Your girls are too cute, what a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Halloween experience you guys had. I can't believe how packed it was. I love reading all your fun experiences!

    ReplyDelete