Tuesday was moving day for this family. We've spent the last couple of weeks making trips from Bountiful to Provo to finish packing. Packing is TERRIBLE. Marcus's firm payed for our movers and for our things to be stored until we move out, and that is super nice, but I didn't realize how long and how exhausting it would be to sort through and pack our stuff. It was hard to decide what we'd need to keep for the summer, what we could live with out for a while and just send to NY, and what we just didn't want or wouldn't have room for that we'd need to either D.I., throw away, or garage sale. We had several trips to D.I. Tons a trips to the garbage and a fair amount of stuff we are hoping to sell. Thank goodness it's over. Note to self...never move again! ;)
Our place was completely boxed Tuesday morning.
By about 2 o'clock that afternoon it was completely empty.
The girls were good. But I didn't expect Hailey's break down. I thought at three moving would have little emotional effect on her, but I was wrong. She had a couple break Downs. At one point she said, "I don't want to move to New York, I want to stay here with all my friends." I said something to the effect of, you'll get to make new friends in New York, and she said "I don't want new friends I want my friends here!" There were many tears shed. She cried about her things being taken away and said "I don't want to move to New York I just want to live in this house forever!" Haha!! Well I don't! It was kind of sad thinking the next time we'd see that stuff our lives would be totally different.
Though I'm not going to lie I did love that this huge moving truck was for us. It was HUGE! And I'm sure they were going to stop some place else, but it was fun to know that someone else was picking up the tab.
Onto the new news....slightly depressing....We just found out Marcus's start date is in October. That means that we'll be living in my parent's house for over 4 months!!! I'm sure once I'm in New York I'll miss it, but right now that sounds like a lot of time. So Marcus is spending his days studying for the bar, while I am trying to figure out what on earth to do with these two little girls. If any one's ever around the Bountiful area and wants to hang out I've got a lot of time on my hands!
excited for you and your exciting changes that are coming up...love the new blog skin way cute
ReplyDeleteHey Kristin,
ReplyDeleteI got a Cherry Hill pass. I think Hailey would be free if she is not three yet. Anyways.. .thats where we will be and you should join along if your girls like swimming :)
awwww poor hailey :(
ReplyDeleteMoving is the worst! I'm a little sad about the October date too because I was thinking it would be fun for us to fly out there for Labor Day weekend. I wanted to give Brandon the tickets for his b-day. Ok, it was just a thought, I needed to be brought back to reality- WE ARE STUDENTS. But, if we did have an income that allowed for weekend trips, we would have been there FOR SURE. I LOVE those girls. Avery is growing. I love her tummy! The new picture of the girls together on the sidebar is AWESOME!!!!!! How in the world did you get them both to smile? Amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove, Michelle
I LOVE their individual pics too. They turned out AWESOME!!!! SUCH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!
ReplyDeleteSidenote, I really don't know why it won't let me sign onto my google account, but until then, I'm anonymous :-)!
Michelle
You and I are such in the same boat right now, moving is the worst!!! I am also super nervous about living with my parents, but now excited because you and I will be blocks away and we can do play dates all the time to keep us sane. I will be there in 2 weeks!
ReplyDelete-Emily
Had to post anonymous because it wouldn't let me any other way!