April 25, 2011

My Lawyer

My husband is now officially a lawyer! Graduation was a ton of fun. WARNING: I didn't do well at cutting out pictures. It was just so much fun I didn't want to leave anything out.

Thursday was the general BYU commencement. Marcus turned in his last paper around noon that day and then the commencement was at four. It was really funny. The law students were at the very bottom, on the floor, Marcus was sitting on the front row. The Dean (I think he was a dean) who was reading the candidates for graduation started by saying, can all the doctorate candidates arise, and the law students, thinking they would then say can all the Juris Doctorate candidates arise stayed sitting. Then he said can all the masters candidates arise and again all the law school graduates stayed sitting. Then they said can all the bachelor candidates arise, and by this point they finally realized that they weren't being recognized separately and that they should have stood with the doctorate candidates, so they finally all stood up. It was really funny!

Here's a little picture from on top. We were on the second to last row, and I brought the girls. MISTAKE! I got a serious work out walking up and down those stairs. Not to mention the walk of embarrassment I had to take after Hailey yelled out, "Mom I've got to go poop!" So loud that everyone around us started laughing. Awesome! But it was a really fun day. Marcus's mom was able to be there with us so that was a lot of fun and a huge help!

Friday was the law school graduation. My camera didn't capture any great shots of them all on the stage, but we did get some great pictures with friends. (Wish we could have seen everyone!) We've had such great friends through out law school. They've made this time in our lives really special!





We have such a great family. Marcus's parents, my parents, and his grandparents were all able to make it. It was so nice to have them all there.



My sister Ashlee was kind enough to watch the girls for us so we didn't have a repeat of the night before. After the graduation was over we came back and got this shot with them and then we all headed to Tucanos for our dinner celebration.




I love this shot. They came around banging a drum and making all the graduates dance. Hailey was thrilled to get to dance with her dad!

We're not quite sure what to do with ourselves now. There is just so much time. Marcus will be taking the bar in July and then probably starting work in September, so we'll have a nice relaxed summer. I just still can't believe it's really over!!

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap that was a quick four years! ha ha! For who right? that is GREAT though Krist! I'm so happy for you guys! I sure miss ya! I know I've said I will call ya and I will! I'm lame and work all the freaking time! But I've been thinking about you a lot! So happy that things are going so well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so cool to have made your blog! I still need to post graduation. We went to Tucano's the first night, I ate so much that unfortunately wasn't about to keep it all down. Haha. Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW! I am so happy for you guys! What an amazing accomplishment! This will be SUCH a fun summer. What will you do with a husband around??? Enjoy every second of it. I love the pictures. Your black dress is stunning. Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so fun to see all the graduation posts! i love your story about hailey yelling she needs to go poop. i'm sad we missed you guys--we'll have to get a picture later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you guys! What a fun summer. We'll have to make play dates even once you move up North. We almost went to Tucanos Friday night too, but instead were at La Jolla Groves...we'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you guys did it!!! Congrats to Marcus and congrats to you for surviving that while having two kids. I am sure you are so excited! I love all the pictures, the kiddos looks adorable and you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete