December 13, 2010

Changes

Hailey is growing up so fast and changing so much! I swear she's almost like a little teenager walking around sometimes...except she's still sweet!
Over Thanksgiving break we took Hailey to Tangled in 3D. It was so cute! She loved it and was laughing like crazy in the theater. I loved it too! It really might be my favorite Disney movie. It's definitely the best one I've seen for a long time!
Yesterday Hailey said the funniest thing. We were getting ready for church and she kept asking me for a fruit snack. I kept telling her that we'd take one to church and she could have it there if she was good. After asking me for the 4Th time or so she got frustrated, furrowed her eyebrows and started shaking her finger at me, and said: "Mom you better give me a fruit snack (a realization then came over her face, like oh that won't work and she continued)...Mom, you better be nice to me, or else I'm going to take your kitchen away!" Hahaha! I guess I've been spending a little too much time in the old kitchen. I just thought that was the best threat in the world. If only someone would take my kitchen away and cook for me! :)

Hailey wants to help with everything lately. I decided a couple days ago to go through some old baby clothes and get them washed up and put away. Hailey wanted to help me fold them so we took them into her room and started folding them together. I've wondered how much of the baby thing she really grasps. We talk about the baby being in my belly and how she's going to have a baby sister, but that's about it. Anyway as we were folding up the clothes she'd say things like "Oh this will fit my baby sister perfectly!" Or, "Oh this will look so cute on her!" It was really sweet. Then though I responded to something she said and said "Do you think she'll like this?" And Hailey said "Yeah she will! She'll be moving out of your tummy soon!" Haha! I have never said that the baby would be moving out of my tummy (Though now it seems like the perfect description for childbirth) and so I thought it was so cute that she said that. She's a smart little girl.

She is growing up so fast. I can't wait for Christmas this year with her. She is so excited about Santa. She loves Christmas movies! She especially loves the Grinch. We watch it every day. Though, if you ask her if she likes the Grinch she'll say No he's bad! The other day I walked in on her watching it and she had her princess wand in her hand and was squinting her eyes and pointing it out towards the T.V. and kind of laughing. I asked what she was doing and she told me she was poking the Grinch. She is such a character. I just love this age. She really is so fun. I wish I could freeze her. Then again I've thought that in the past too, and she just keeps getting better and better. We love our little Hailey!

5 comments:

  1. She'll be a great big sister! I'm sure she'll love it. She is such a cutie. I told Owen that I'm okay with it if they end up getting married one day. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds so funny! I am thinking that every stage just gets better and better. I can't wait till next Christmas when Blakely is a little more into it! I bet she will make the best big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart. I am SO excited to see her!!! I can't wait until she's a big sister (I'm sure you feel the same way)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin this is such a cute post...I have been feeling the exact same about Bennett lately. I LOVE this age...but it's been like that with every age. We are leaving Thursday for xmas so we won't get to see you guys! I hope you have a great break and birthday (happy early birthday!), sorry it's been so crazy lately, i've wanted to see you guys and it just hasn't happened. Hope you're feeling great, and I can't believe when we get back you'll be having a baby in a matter of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....ps, let's go get pedicures for your birthday when i get back so you have cute toenails when the baby's born!

    ReplyDelete