December 1, 2010

32 Weeks

Yesterday was 32 weeks. Yes, I already look like a ton of girls do when they're full term. In fact today at the gym there was a girl there who was about my size. She asked how far along I was and I said 32 weeks. I asked her how far she was and she said that today was her due date. Haha...If only.

(So for some reason we just couldn't get the lighting right. Sorry not the highest quality pic, but you get the idea)

On the bright side I have less than 7 weeks to go! (Inducing at 39 weeks) I can't believe it. I feel anxious to be done with this pregnancy, but at the same time I'm not at all mentally prepared to have a newborn again. I also have some fun decisions ahead. I've been planning to be induced at 39 weeks since this pregnancy began. Hailey was 9 pounds and I had a lovely 4Th degree tear, so the doctors have been more than fine with inducing early this time. But, about a month ago the doctor I saw (I go to a group) informed me that it may be in my best interest to have c-sections from now on. At first I thought he was crazy, but after some research on the subject it turns out he's not. So now I have to figure out if I want to try a normal birth at 39 weeks, and just hope that the baby isn't huge and doesn't cause any problems; Or have a c-section and try to avoid those risks. I pretty much change my mind multiple times a day about what I want to do. I'm just going to play it by ear. At my appointment yesterday they told me that I could have an ultra sound done around 38 weeks so that they can estimate the size. I think they are rarely right with that, but if I can get an idea of how big the baby's head is it will make me feel better. Anyway, So these are things going through my head on a daily basis right now. Dang all you girls who have 6 and 7 pounders! I can't tell you how jealous I am! Anyway, I'm happy Christmas is coming. It's a great distraction!

12 comments:

  1. Kristin, Your'e so dang cute. You should be a pregnant model! The time is going fast, and we are so excited. Love ya, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever- you are small. I think it's so funny that you always think you are big. you are NOT! If you need any thoughts on c-sections, I'm your gal. :) You'll do great. I'm so excited for yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you look amazing!!! It is so fun as it gets to the end, but always scary to think of sleepless nights and a newborn again, especially I am sure when you have had one and no really what is is like... but so worth it.
    Well I hate to say that Blakely was 6lbs 7 ounces and it was a pretty nice birth, but I probably gained twice as much as you, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kristin, you are TINY!!!!! It is very unfair that you only gain weight in your belly! I get a huge butt, thighs, face, you name it. So be grateful! As for the deciding on the c section or not, good luck! That is a big decision, so it's good you are reading up on it. If it comes down to it though, I was terrified of my c sections, and now I think they are great! If it's the best thing for mom or baby, then they are awesome and a lot less scary than you think! I know a few women who have had six or seven c sections and mom and babies have been great! Hope that's helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks exactly like my 20 week picture....seriously, you are not big! Had I just read the blog before story time I could have saved you some breath....whoops :) We'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like girls really like c sections. I think they have come a long way and are far better than they used to be. Good luck with the decision though! Your family pictures are adorable and no you do not look like a linebacker! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not just Christmas but your birthday is coming too! I know, I would love to have a six or seven pound baby. You look so great at 32 weeks! I would have given anything to look that great so close. We are so excited for you guys! We need to hang out a few more times before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe you are already 32 weeks! That flew by so fast... well for me at least! Can't wait to meet a new little Hintze! I had the same thing with michael. He was 7lbs 6 ounces... which for me was HUGE! I was so afraid to have another baby...SO AFRAID!! The second time around was completely different for me. I was induced a week early with Brooky and she was 6lbs 8 ounces. It made a huge difference. That is so nice that they will do an ultrasound to give you an idea so you can decide. You look amazing Kristin! You really do! Good luck with the next few weeks and not seeing your hubby as much! Almost done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I have to say is hot pregnant mama. I wish i looked that skinny when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin, you are SO tiny and have a DARLING belly. When I was about 32 weeks my nurse said, "You don't look pregnant, you look like you've just gained weight." Let me tell you, at 32+ weeks, I WANTED to look pregnant, not fat!!!! Oh the awesome comments people make! You look FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristin you look adorable and you have the skinniest legs! I think you're pregnant legs are nicer than my normal ones :)! And they were within a few ounces of Bennett's weight a few days before he was born...you just have to go to someone really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristen and Mark,

    This is Kristen (Mathews) Reams- sorry, I saw your blog from Michelle's page and had to see your cute family. You all look so great and I'm so excited for you to have your second baby. Having 2 is wonderful. Kristin- I SERIOUSLY look the way you do right now when I'm about 20 weeks pregnant- honestly, you look completely wonderful. I hope that everything is going well at your home!

    Love,

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete