I get a little extra excited for upcoming holidays, so about a month and a half ago I asked Hailey what she wanted to be for Halloween and her immediate response was, "An Elephant!" I didn't know for sure how I felt about it. I'd never seen an elephant costume in a store, and so I thought maybe I'd try asking later to see if it changed. A week or so later I asked again, and again, "An Elephant!" I even took her to look at some other costumes, but this girl was set on being an elephant. I found a costume online, and she was thrilled when it came. She told everyone with a lot of excitement that she was going to be an elephant. My favorite moment was that her dance teacher asked all of the girls in her class what they were going to be for Halloween, and all these little girls were saying things like, "A princess" or "A fairy" and then she got around to Hailey and she yelled as loud as she could, "An elephant!" It made me laugh so hard! She was so excited to wear it, but I think this Halloween is the first time I've seen Hailey seem a little embarrassed. She would get just a little shy when she'd wear it, but she loved it at the same time. It was really cute. It was just a fun holiday. She was an adorable little elephant.
October 31, 2010
Halloween Week
This year Halloween was so much fun. Hailey is the perfect age for trick or treating. She loved it. Last night we took her out trick or treating in my parent's neighborhood, and she kept saying, "Just one more house mom!" It was so cute that we went to several extra houses. She made out like a bandit. She's had a pretty sharp eye on her candy this year too. Last year we could take it right in front of her and it would be no big deal. This year, if she's awake, she notices. We've felt obligated to ask her if we can have a piece, to which she always says yes, but then she says "I'm going to have one too." It's hard to tell your two year old that you can have a piece of candy, but they can't. She's a smart girl. She definitely knows how to work her parents.
I get a little extra excited for upcoming holidays, so about a month and a half ago I asked Hailey what she wanted to be for Halloween and her immediate response was, "An Elephant!" I didn't know for sure how I felt about it. I'd never seen an elephant costume in a store, and so I thought maybe I'd try asking later to see if it changed. A week or so later I asked again, and again, "An Elephant!" I even took her to look at some other costumes, but this girl was set on being an elephant. I found a costume online, and she was thrilled when it came. She told everyone with a lot of excitement that she was going to be an elephant. My favorite moment was that her dance teacher asked all of the girls in her class what they were going to be for Halloween, and all these little girls were saying things like, "A princess" or "A fairy" and then she got around to Hailey and she yelled as loud as she could, "An elephant!" It made me laugh so hard! She was so excited to wear it, but I think this Halloween is the first time I've seen Hailey seem a little embarrassed. She would get just a little shy when she'd wear it, but she loved it at the same time. It was really cute. It was just a fun holiday. She was an adorable little elephant.
We started out our week of celebration with Marc's mom's birthday party. It was a ton of fun. Hailey sure loves her Grandma Diane!
Hailey's cute cousin Kylee, and Marc's sister Michelle were in town from Iowa so we got to do some fun pumpkin decorating with them.
The very proud pumpkin decorators!
We did sugar cookies. Hailey loved frosting them.
Our cute little elephant with her dad!
We of course had to go to the Law School's Halloween bash. They always do a pizza party followed by a little costume parade, and trick or treating at the desks.
Hailey had a great time!
Not to mention she got a ton of candy. I don't think she could be any happier, a sucker in each hand...what could be better?!
We love all of these cute kiddos, and all their parents too. It was kind of crazy to think this will be our last year doing this together. It made me a little sad thinking about that as they were sitting there together. They are all so cute!
Here's our little elephant right before she headed out trick or treating. I just love her so much. I love that she wanted to be an elephant. I know we've got tons of years of princess and fairy costumes ahead of us, and I love that she's still young enough to want to be an animal like an elephant! :)
I get a little extra excited for upcoming holidays, so about a month and a half ago I asked Hailey what she wanted to be for Halloween and her immediate response was, "An Elephant!" I didn't know for sure how I felt about it. I'd never seen an elephant costume in a store, and so I thought maybe I'd try asking later to see if it changed. A week or so later I asked again, and again, "An Elephant!" I even took her to look at some other costumes, but this girl was set on being an elephant. I found a costume online, and she was thrilled when it came. She told everyone with a lot of excitement that she was going to be an elephant. My favorite moment was that her dance teacher asked all of the girls in her class what they were going to be for Halloween, and all these little girls were saying things like, "A princess" or "A fairy" and then she got around to Hailey and she yelled as loud as she could, "An elephant!" It made me laugh so hard! She was so excited to wear it, but I think this Halloween is the first time I've seen Hailey seem a little embarrassed. She would get just a little shy when she'd wear it, but she loved it at the same time. It was really cute. It was just a fun holiday. She was an adorable little elephant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
such a cute costume!
ReplyDeleteOh I love it!! Such a cute elephant!!
ReplyDeleteSO cute. she was an adorable elephant.
ReplyDeletethat's the cutest costume! i love that she wanted to be an elephant! i was just thinking how little they were that first halloween and now how big they are, and how totally sad that was our last law school halloween party!
ReplyDeleteThat is so dang cute! She is such a cutie. It made me sad too that this was the last law school Halloween party. It is so fun. After a few weeks of Owen being sure about being Batman for Halloween, one day he woke up and the first thing he said was, "I want to be a butterfly for Halloween!" Haha. That only lasted a few minutes.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha hilarious and so so cute Krist!!! I love that she wanted to be an elephant too! There is that one cheesy faced picture you took of her that totally reminds me of you!! Ha ha! And your cute laugh! I need you to send me your email address so I can add you to my blog! annieleeallred@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that little elephant. She looks adorable! Marco, your hair looks good! I like it! It looks like you guys had a GREAT Halloween! I can't believe this is your last year of school! Think of the Trick or Treating in NYC!!! Miss you guys already!
ReplyDeleteThe law school party looks fun. She is adorable! I hope she wants to be an elephant again next year!
ReplyDeleteshe was an adorable elephant!! i love that, "i'm going to have one, too." she is too smart. my favorite picture is of just her head in the costume. cutest cheese face EVER.
ReplyDelete