June 16, 2010

Last Outing

Well today we had our last major outing before we leave. We went to the Fort Worth Zoo with Hailey's friend Owen, and my friend Merideth. We had fun, but wow...I can't imagine going to the zoo any later in the summer than this it was SOOO HOT!


Anyway I don't want this to be a super long post, but I just wanted to put something up before we head home. We are leaving Friday night after Marc gets off work! I CAN'T WAIT!!! Not because I have anything against Dallas, I've really enjoyed it here, but I swear if I have to spend any more time living in a hotel I will lose my mind!!! I am counting the minutes until we get to get in our car. :)

Marc will be starting with Chapman and Cutler, the Salt Lake Firm, on Monday so we need to get home in a hurry. He's actually going to be flying out to Chicago on Monday because the firm is based there, and then on Thursday I get to fly out and spend the weekend with him. I'm super excited about that. It will be a little vacation time for the two of us. So that's what we have to look forward to next week. So after Friday He'll have 6 weeks with them and then we'll be back to BYU for our LAST YEAR of law school....Yea!! It really does seem like it's gone by really fast. So we'll see where we end up after all is said and done.

So cute Hailey comment for the day...She hasn't been feeling well, (she has a little fever) so when I laid her down for her nap today I said, "You are just as cute as a button!" And she got a very concerned look on her face and said, "I'm a person Mom." It was so cute, so I quickly corrected myself and said, "You're right you are a very cute person, not a button." Haha. I love my little girl!

So that's it...We'll be home soon! Can't wait!!!

6 comments:

  1. You made it congrats! I don't know if I could survive in a hotel for a summer so props to you. I am jealous of the heat though, I am sure you are sick of it, but I could use some of that up here! Good luck driving home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you, Marcus and our little person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant believe your weeks are already up in dallas, because that means the past few weeks have just flown by for me. i really cant believe that the boys will be starting their LAST year in like two months--how crazy is that. im so excited, but i know im gonna be so sad when we have to enter the real world for real. boo. anyway, have fun in chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahh, kristin! i'm glad you'll be home, we can't wait to see you guys. i'm pretty sure we've decided we will be there most of the month of July, so we'll have lots of playing time. i'm so happy for you that you don't have to live in a hotel anymore :)...i hope your renter kept good care of your house! i think we for sure need a back to school party, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see you when you get home from the Windy City!!! I hope the car ride went (is going) well! See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha that is too cute! Brett and I were just talking about Hailey and how she comes up with the funniest things. Hope you guys have fun in Chicago:) Keep us updated. Love Jess and Brett.

    ReplyDelete