June 8, 2010

Funny Hailey Moments

So Hailey is just so funny lately that I felt like I need to write some of these things down. I have a few different stories that I think are priceless...

First off: I don't have a picture of this one, but today I had to take some of Marc's slacks back to be fixed. They had some strings loose and other minor things. While we were at the store the salesman that was helping me...clearly a man (late 50's or 60's bald, Beard, you know guy traits) was marking the spots that needed to be fixed and Hailey yells
"Look at that lady mom!" and points directly at the salesman.
I wasn't totally paying attention though so I said, "what lady Hailey?"
And she yells, "that Lady right there!" Points to the salesman right in front of us.
At this point I'm feeling a little awkward, the salesman is ignoring her, and she keeps saying it, so finally I say "Hailey that's a man, not a lady. He is clearly a man." Haha! What a quality response by me huh?! (I laugh at the things I say to her all the time, I swear I rarely make sense.) Anyway it continues until we get out of the store, "nope it's a lady mom!"

I thought it was hilarious when we got out to the car. I didn't feel too bad about it, because this guy was supposed to correct the problems with the slacks before we took them home, so I was kind of upset with him that I even had to go back, but I couldn't believe Hailey did that. She definitely knows that a lady is a girl, so it can't be chalked up to her just being confused. All I can say is she likes to mess with people sometimes. She really does. Sometimes she likes to tell Marc that he's her Mother just to bug him, or tell me I'm a boy. Or mess with her uncles by calling Nate Brett, or Brett Nate. She is a total character

This little face above I see about once a day when she decides it's her time to be mad. She suddenly looks at me furrows her eyebrows and folds her arms and says "I'm mad mom!" Then she finds a chair sits down and says "leave me alone!" She does it all the time when I take her to the park, and then she just sits there and looks around at the other kids like they've all been so mean to her. It's really funny.

The best is if anyone else is ever off on thier own she'll come up to me and say, "Don't be alone (insert the person's name)!"

This is Hailey's friend Owen. They've been in Dallas with us so we've spent a lot of time with them the last few weeks. The other day they were over at our place and they were getting ready to go home and Owen was putting his boots on. Hailey was trying to help him but she was lifting it up and he was standing up and it wasn't working out very well. She got a little frustrated and said, "SIT DOWN BOY!" Merideth and I about died laughing. She's always only called him Owen before that, so I don't know where that came from, but it was a pretty good laugh.
Lastly the other day I came in and found her like this. She has a little princess dress up book with vinyl dresses you can switch between the different Disney princesses. She just decided she wanted to try them out though. Anyway I don't know if you can see it, but She has the dress on her chest, She put a glove on her hand and two shoes on each of her feet and she was looking for her other glove. They are just such tiny stickers I thought it was so funny that she wanted them on.

Oh and one of my friends asked about how our potty training is going...It's not. We quit before we came to Dallas. I think I'll try to make it work when we get back. I hate changing poopy diapers though so I try to get her to poop on the toilet. But she never tells me It's something I have to keep an eye on. But occasionally I miss the signs and she poops her pants. Anyway I love her response lately when I ask her if she pooped she always looks at me and kind of smiles and says "I don't think so mom!" Then she tries to dash to the nearest hiding spot. It's awesome! Anyway these little quirky things about her personality are what make her so fun. Can't wait to see what she does next!

7 comments:

  1. Haha! She is quite the character. She's hilarious! It's been fun getting to know you guys better this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable, we just miss her so much! You are a cute Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is HILARIOUS. I was laughing outloud about the lady story. Kylee was just staring at me laughing at the computer. Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Hailey! Ella has her same swimsuit in that picture. We're glad you guys are almost done and have made it work....good job to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i think my favorite is, "sit down, boy!" awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tay and I laughed so hard when we read this...for some reason naughty but harmless kids are a favorite of ours :)

    ReplyDelete