April 20, 2010

Party Time!

Well Marc and I are making the drive to Dallas on Friday and Saturday. Hailey and my mom are going to fly down and meet us on Sunday, and then her actual birthday is next Wednesday the 28th. After a lot of internal debate I decided to do a friend party for her Yesterday. The theme was Curious George, and it was a lot of fun. A little crazy in our tiny apartment, but Hailey loved it so it was well worth it. All of her adorable little friends came and she was so excited. Before the party started she kept listing her friends that were coming. She'd say "And Addie coming...and Bennett coming....and Vienn coming ...and Ella coming....and Michael coming..." Right before everyone got to our place for the party she came up to me and said, "Bennett come and sing to me and he give me hugs, and kisses?" I about died laughing. She has gotten a little carried away lately with the princess kisses, and talking about true love's kiss and other things like that. I'm getting pretty concerned about the fast approaching teenage years! Anyway we survived without her forcing a kiss upon any of her guests...at least none that I know of, so that was an accomplishment. Here are some pictures of our fun party.

Hailey with her cute friend Addie (above)
(Below) Our patient party guests waiting to eat their cupcakes

Hailey getting a little help from Michael opening up her present
And a personal favorite of mine...These two were supposed to be smiling at the camera, but Hailey looked over and noticed Vienn's sucker and thought maybe if she opened her mouth Vienn might share a little taste of it with her...I have one crazy little girl!
Alright so the picture below is not from our party yesterday, but I just had to include it. Marc's parents got her this awesome princess dress up for her birthday. For those family members that regularly read my blog and remember a month or so ago when I was so impressed and delighted with the fact that Hailey wouldn't let me call her a princess, well lets just say that didn't last long. She loves her little princess costume, and loves to be called princess Hailey...Didn't last long, but What can you do I guess!
Thanks to all of our great friends who helped us celebrate Hailey's 2nd birthday. Life in Provo just wouldn't be the same with out all of you! Our next Post will be from our Dallas Hotel room!!! The more I think about it the crazier it sounds to live in a hotel for 8 weeks. Not much I can do about it now though, so I guess I'll just try to be optimistic. We'll see how it goes. Pictures to come!

6 comments:

  1. way cute pictures! love the lolli pop idea for sharing. she is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having us! I'm sorry my child was a semi-monster! You did a great job with the party- and Addie is STILL wearing her curious george hat. Seriously. :) Good luck this summer- keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the party. Happy Birthday to Hailey, and you guys will be fine in a hotel....it will be a fun adventure you look back on with fondness.....maybe :) Ella too has loved her party gifts and hasn't let them out of her sight since!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party!!! I will be thinking about you guys this weekend. I'm excited to hear how it goes. I think you'll do great at the hotel. That little 2 year old of yours is always providing entertainment and adventure. I am looking forward to the blog posts! Hilarious doctor's appointment! What a big girl. She is a doll! I bet that doctor couldn't stop smiling. Sure do love that girl. How did Marc's finals go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks like a fun party!! And I love her princess outfit!
    Good luck with the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, she looks so cute in her princess clothes! how are they so old?? they party was so fun...bennett got the flu that night so no wonder he was kind of grumpy, sorry about that. hope you have a good drive to Dallas...don't forget to e-mail us and i was dead serious about the vegas vacation!!

    ReplyDelete