April 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well at least for the next 8 weeks. After a day and a half of driving, about 19 hours total, we are finally in Dallas. And yes we will be spending the next 8 weeks in a Hotel. :) While I'm stoked about the maid service and the free breakfast, I'm beginning to understand why Marc's law firm seemed to think that was a strange plan. We are a little tight on space...but miraculously we have unpacked and found a place for everything. When we first walked in I didn't think we'd have enough room to store everything, but we've made it work. We are finally all settled, and it does kind of feel like home...The only thing that's missing is little Hailey. My mom and her are flying in tomorrow, so once she's here it will all feel normal. So here's the grand tour of our place.
Our Kitchen/Office/Living Room
Another shot of the other side of the room
Oh Wait Our Kitchen/Office/Living Room/Hailey's room ;)

Our Bedroom
And the Bathroom

Well that's it. You've seen our place. I actually think it will be a really fun summer. Today Marc and I were able to do a little exploring of Downtown Dallas, and it is beautiful. We went by the law firm that he'll be working for which is in a really nice building in the uptown area of Dallas. So that was fun. We just have no idea how many hours he'll be working this summer, so hopefully we'll get to do some fun things with him this summer and it won't just all be work. I'm feeling settled. My biggest fear was that this place was going to turn out to be dirty and gross, but it's not, it's pretty nice, so I'm happy. It's going to be a little cramped, but I think it will be a fun adventure for our little family. So more posts to come on our adventures in Dallas!

6 comments:

  1. It's cute! It's actually nicer than I expected. And 2 TVs?? You've moved up... I'm sure you're anxious for Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't look bad at all Kristin! Yah, i'm glad you guys got there ok. We'll talk to you soon, have fun before Marc starts :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excited to hear about your adventure in Dallas...but when you get back lets get together and hang out for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really fun. Can I tell you what I'm most jealous of? The maid! I could live in a small space as long as I had someone to clean everyday! The kitchen is nice. I'm excited for you guys. Looking forward to the next post! Hope our little girl made it there safe and sound! How awesome are Grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you guys made it safely. I was thinking about you guys on your drive. My dad is driving home from Texas so maybe you passes him! Place looks good and it's even better you have a good attitude about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah! The place looks nice. Good luck you guys!

    ReplyDelete