HIGHS: 1. My mom flying in with Hailey
2. Spending time with my mom and Hailey by the pool
3. Going to the mall with my mom and Hailey
4. Taking Hailey out for her birthday and getting our nails painted
5. Hailey's birthday lunch
LOWS: 1. Marc and I getting sick and having to go to an insta-care Monday night
2. Driving around that night looking for a 24 hour pharmacy and then waiting for our prescription for what felt like hours. In actuallity it was probably about an hour.
3. The realization that living in a hotel with a 2 year old is going to be exhausting.
4. The realization that if my husband gets home before 9 o'clock at night it will be a good day.
5. Dropping off my mom at the airport to go back home. And suddenly feeling very very alone.
6. Realizing that I have nearly no where I can walk to besides a Subway, a bar, a nail place and a drycleaners. I thought we had a park nearby, but it's actually a dog park. (Marc is driving the car into work, so Hailey and I are on foot, and there aren't many sidewalks.)
7. Realizing that the things I'd looked so forward to like the maid service, the breakfast, and dinner that the hotel does are actually kind of painful with a 2 year old in tow.
Anyway Yesterday was a pretty low day, but I'm feeling a little better today. It's certainly not going to be the easiest summer of my life, but Marc is making good money, and I'm sure we'll look back at this experience with fond memories. (After all painful situations always make for the best and funniest stories in the end. Right?!)
So we are surviving...I'm really hoping Marc won't have to work this weekend and that we'll be able to go out and do something fun as a family. And hey, I've already made it through 1/2 a week...so only 7 1/2 left to go...not too bad! Haha! We'll actually have some friends from BYU getting here the middle of May so I'm going to count down to their arrival instead of counting down the end of Marc's internship. I'm definitely looking forward to some social interaction. :) That's it for now! I have a feeling I may be doing a lot of posts while I'm here, so more to come from Dallas.
ahh laying by the pool makes me 110% jealous as i am sitting here in my office--as i do everyday. sorry for the lows though. life wouldnt be life without them. i think you have a pretty good attitude though, good luck on making the next 7.5 weeks fun and memorable!
ReplyDeleteHey Kristin, I know living away from home is really hard and I can't even imagine being in a hotel doing it, but take advantage of the adventure you will look back on it as just that. Haylie is so cute, she looks just like you and your little sister, stunning!
ReplyDeleteHailey's pool picture is so dang cute!!! I actually think all those pictures are priceless, even the one with Marcus at insta-care. The hooded look is just so sad and pathetic, yet somehow he looks pretty good looking. I am looking forward to hearing all about this adventure!!! In the first 48 hours there you went to the nail place, insta-care, mall, celebrated a birthday, found a pharmacy and a great dog park :-)... if all THAT already happened in the first 48... who knows what the rest of the summer will bring! Wish we were there to play by the pool with you!
ReplyDeletesorry that you feel alone...living far from family ...or anyone fopr that matter can be really hard and have empathy for you because I know where you are coming from...it will go by quick though...when i am in a situation that i would prefer not to i count down too...i feel like it helps...i hope things get better and the loneliness fades...excited to read your posts
ReplyDeleteoh kristin! i wish we were there with you! i'm sure time will fly by...and take marc to work in the morning so you can have the car! hailey looks stinkin cute as always. that sucks you were both sick...ken and bennett and i all got this insane stomach flu at the same time, it was a terrible 12 hrs of a lot of vomit (this was all the day we were suppose to leave for vegas). well hopefully you guys are feeling better.
ReplyDelete