April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter this year was a ton of fun. We got to spend the weekend at my parent's house in Bountiful and they are only about five minutes from Marc's parents, so we spent time with both families. Hailey loved doing the Easter egg hunt this year and it was a lot of fun watching her. Almost every time she found an egg she'd throw her arms up in the air and yell "Ta-Da!!" (Yes, if you're wondering She has become a total ham lately!)


I think I have about a hundred pictures like the one below. Whenever Hailey is really happy and I tell her to say cheese this is the face I get. She pulls the biggest smile physically possible for herself and then sticks her chin way up in the air. This is how you know she's really having a good time.
So the funniest thing of all about this Easter was trying to explain the concept of an Easter Bunny to Hailey. When I first told her about the Easter Bunny I reminded her of Christmas, and I said "Do you remember how Santa came at Christmas and brought you lots of presents?"This was followed by a Yell from Hailey saying SANTA!!! So then I continued and said "The Easter Bunny is kind of like Santa. He is going to bring us presents, candy and hide eggs for us to find. Isn't that so exciting?" Hailey looked at me like I must be crazy, so I went and got one of my mom's decorations that is an Easter Bunny and said "Look this is the Easter Bunny he's so nice that he is going to come and hide eggs full of candy for us tomorrow!" Hailey still looked very confused and then she smiled and said "No, Santa Come!" I tried several times to explain the Easter bunny in different ways, but each time she just looked at me like I was nuts. Easter morning before we went out to see what was in her Easter basket we asked her if the Easter Bunny had come and she said "No he not, Santa come!" So rookie mistake by me for relating Santa and the Easter Bunny...apparently that's not a good idea. I'm thinking she is definitely smarter than I was as a child, because I had no problem believing that a giant bunny was delivering eggs to my house, but Hailey wasn't having that at all. So I guess Santa will just visit our house at Christmas and Easter!

3 comments:

  1. She is so smart and too funny! Her hair is DARLING! I'm SO excited to see her THIS WEEK :-)!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love her cute hair!!! And her outfit is super cute too!!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete