March 8, 2010

"I'm Hailey"

Hailey has gotten more into the princess stuff lately. We've been reading more princess books, mostly about the classic Disney Princesses, and shes starting to like them. Up until now she's only liked animal movies. Her favorites are: Curious George, The Jungle Book, The Land Before Time and Tarzan. I bought her a few "girly" movies thinking she'd like them, but up until now she has had no interest. The last week or so though she's started to like her princess books, so today I thought I'd put in the movie Sleeping Beauty, and just see how it went. It was so cute. She really liked it. She loved the fairy's, and hated Malificent, the bad fairy, or "the mean witch" as Hailey likes to call her. Anyway as she was watching it I was in the kitchen and she came in so happy yelling, "She's a princess! A Princess!" And she was so happy about it, so I said "oh how great, she's a princess, are you a princess too?" Hailey's response was priceless, She laughed and said, "NO mom! I'm Hailey!" I about died laughing. I just thought that was the best response in the world!


4 comments:

  1. she is seriously BEAUTIFUL! she is almost two right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute and funny girl you got there! hey are you making it to the alumni game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! What a fun little personality!! Okay so I was trying to schedule something for this week but it just doesn't work, and I am leaving on friday for 10 days to idaho... so how about we go when I get back?? I have another girl named Shannon that is really fun and I think she is going to come too. Do you know of any good places in up by you to go?I know of a place here, but maybe we can pick a more neutral place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart little girl! She's growing up so so fast. I can't wait for summer to see her. What a fun stage! For my last letter to Steph I copied your latest blog post and mine and mailed them to her. I thought she'd be interested in hearing a niece update!

    ReplyDelete