Me, my mom, my sister Ash, and Hailey. Had to get a picture of the girls!
February 3, 2010
Surprise
Yesterday was my mom's birthday so we had a surprise birthday party for her. It was a lot of fun. She had no idea...until little Hailey gave our position away! Bruce and my mom had been at the store and once they got home Bruce was trying to get my mom to come over by the front door where we were all hiding. Hailey had done a really good job of being quiet until she saw her Grandpa. When Bruce walked over by the front door Hailey said "Hi Grandpa!" I still think we gave my mom a good surprise, but we definitely need to work with Hailey on the whole silent hiding thing before our next party like this!
Hailey loved saying "Surprise Grandma" and "Happy birthday Grandma" Her grandma actually comes out sounding more like Nama, but close enough.

Hailey was very excited to help her grandma blow out the candles.
Annalyn, Grandpa and Grandma Anderson, Hailey and Jen, my mom's sister. My Grandma, Grandpa and Jennifer actually all flew in from Montana that day. They made the surprise party a little extra special!

Me, my mom, my sister Ash, and Hailey. Had to get a picture of the girls!
Hailey had the time of her life. She was absolutely obsessed with the balloons. My siblings had a joke going on that to find Hailey you just needed to locate the balloons. She was carrying them around everywhere she went. After things died down a little bit we sucked the helium out of the balloons and sang some songs. I sang Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (a song I know all too well) and Hailey about died laughing. When I was done she said "Again!" It was pretty funny.
Another Surprise...My little girl is potty training. I assure you this was NOT my choice. She's just recently liked to sit on the toilet and I read somewhere that it's good to let your kids do that so that they don't develop a fear of it. Anyway I really wasn't expecting it when I sat her on the toilet a couple of weeks ago and she actually did something! Now this is where we are...We own a frog toilet that she thinks is the coolest thing in the world! In fact she loves it so much that the first night we bought it she sat on it for half the evening and then when I finally put her to bed she was in her room for like 15 minutes crying and yelling "Froggy Potty!" When I finally came in to the room I found her completely naked running around her crib! That made me question if this is really the best age to undertake this milestone. Since then she's settled down a lot though and she uses it regularly and doesn't have the crazy freak outs she had at the beginning, so I think we are moving in the right direction. The only problem now is that she has a lazy mom that still has her in diapers most of time, and rarely remembers to ask her if she needs to go potty. I think I'm going to really focus on the whole potty training thing this next week, I'm just going to put her in regular underwear and prepare myself for a week of heck with a lot of carpet cleaning! So if I don't post for a while you'll know why! Wish me luck! We'll see how it goes.
Me, my mom, my sister Ash, and Hailey. Had to get a picture of the girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The picture on the froggy potty is awesome! Good luck. She is such a smart little thing, I'm sure she'll be great. That is hilarious about your mom's party. I just love that little girl and love hearing stories about her. I miss her!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I think she will do great though...at least she is excited it about it. Final part of the move is tomorrow. Excited to finally get up there!yay!
ReplyDeleteFirst, you and your mom and sister are just so beautiful! Seconds, i am jealous. She is seriously potty training!! Happy day at the Hintze's!
ReplyDeleteYour little girl is so stinkin cute! Good to see you and your family, it's been a long time!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I am so glad you found my blog! I am also so glad you came over and hung out with us. We had a great night! Love your family picture at the top of your blog! So so so cute!! And I hope the potty training goes well too.
ReplyDelete