January 24, 2010

Weekend in Saint George

Well it was kind of a monumental weekend for Marc and I. Marcus's MTC companion Jordan Baker got married in St. George, so we decided to go to the wedding...without Hailey. My first time away from my little girl overnight...for two nights actually. We spent Friday and Saturday night in ST. George in a nice hotel and just had some much needed vacation time. It was a lot of fun!
Saturday was the wedding. This picture is of Jordan and Marc at the luncheon. These two are pretty funny together. Jordan's wedding was really nice. He and Tomoe, his wife, were super happy. It was a really fun time!

While relaxing in the hotel hot tub, watching movies, and going out to eat were wonderful I couldn't help but miss this little girl! She stayed at my parents and had a really good time. She actually did really well. Slept through the night for them and everything, so that was a big relief, but every time I saw a baby at the wedding or in our hotel, I couldn't help but miss my baby! All in all I think our first separation went well. When she got home from church today we were waiting for her and she gave us huge hugs and started laughing uncontrollably. It's nice to know she still loves us. I'm thinking the next few days may be a rough adjustment. She had Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Ashlee, and Uncle Nate's undivided attention all weekend. So we'll see how it goes with just boring old mom this week!


7 comments:

  1. Yeah for you guys! How fun to have a little getaway. The first night I spent separated from Ella was the night I gave birth to Adele....there's something wrong with that! Let's play this week. Hopefully it warms up again and we can bundle the girls up to play outside even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good wife. I had to turn our romantic getaway for 2 into a family event for 3. I know, I'm pathetic! It sounds like you had a blast. I love that Hailey started laughing when she saw you, like it was all a huge game of hide and seek or something. Glad you had fun! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way... is that Michelle she's holding :-)?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So brave of you! I've been trying to think of somewhere to go so that I could leave Addie once before the baby comes- but alas- baby is coming next week- and I still haven't left her over night. I know I'll be a wreck too! Proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KRISTIN--- I am still so unfamiliar with blogging "manners" .... so I will just reply to you here :). YES GO TO ZUMBA. If you are ever in the area on Thursday nights let me know. We go every single Thursday and our teacher is amazing. She has won lots of different competitions and things. It is just amazing. Anyways-- I am sure there are also cool teachers in Provo.

    Your trip to St. George looked awesome. That will be so nice when we can leave Brynlee for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kristin! How are you? I need to get your number so we can hang out and talk about Dallas ... I'm so glad that you will be there too!

    ReplyDelete