June 7, 2009

Tokyo Pics

So here are the pictures from our trip...Sorry there are so many! It was just too hard to choose. Anyway we had a really great time. I'm so happy Hailey and I ended up going. Hope you enjoy! :)This is a little house right in the middle of Tokyo. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's surrounded by huge buildings. This family has just refused to sell their land. It's really cool.
Hailey absolutely loved riding the train. She thought she was one cool girl!
So you definitely can't see it, but we are standing in front of a huge roller coaster we rode. Probably one of the scarier things I've done in my life. That Japanese engineering is pretty intense!

This is the busiest pedestrian intersection in the world!
This is an Argentine family from Marc's mission. They had us over to their apartment for dinner. It was really fun!
We also went out to dinner with one of Marc's investigators from his mission. She's the one standing right next to me. While we were eating dinner there I learned that Hailey LOVES seaweed! I don't know why, but she does!
There are lots of random weird things in Tokyo...including a little statue of liberty.
The bridge behind these kids is called rainbow bridge it has the most amazing view!
Some cute Japanese women in their Kimonos. Hailey was a hit with them, and just about everyone else in Japan. She now has a little bit of an elevated opinion of herself. She was pretty much the center of attention wherever we went.

There are tons of cool shrines and temples all over.

Hanging out at the train station. Hailey got used to riding a lot of trains!
YUM!!!
A little Japanese playground. This thing was intense.

Our little tired train rider!
We went to one of Marcus's old wards while we were here. Hailey got to play with all the little Japanese kids. It was fun.

While we were there people kept asking who she looked more like. Marcus said well she has my hair and kind of Kristin's face. This woman then said "Ah...The perfect combination." They were only saying that to make me feel good though. I think I heard about a million times while we were there..."Blonde Hair Perfect!!" As a definite brunette I thought...ouch what does that mean about me?...but what can you do.

This is the Rich family who we stayed with in Tokyo. They were absolutely wonderful, and showed us all around Tokyo. We were so incredibly lucky to have them!
We got to go on a little boat ride to see the country side one day. It was beautiful.

Anyway so that was our trip. Way fun! I'm so glad we went. Hailey actually did pretty well on the flights. We had the direct flight back, so that was amazing plus it wasn't full so we had an entire middle row to ourselves. It was perfect. Flying by myself wasn't bad either. So many people were so nice, and Hailey slept for quite a while. So all that worry for nothing. Definitely worth it!

5 comments:

  1. Kristin it looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait to talk to you to hear all about it and the plane ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all such cute pictures!! She just looks like the happiest girl in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh Krist! You have just been all over the world! Looks like sooo much fun! I'm glad that you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures!!! She's an adorable traveler! Great memories! Next trip for the three of you... IOWA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That trip looks great. Don't blame you one bit for posting a ton of pics! How long did it take you to get Hailey's passport? Did you like the backpack you had for her? Where did you get it? We are here in Provo until at least Sept. Dave starts Oct 26 but we're still deciding exactly what to do. We'd love to see you! What is Marcus doing the rest of the summer?

    ReplyDelete