May 22, 2009

Tokyo or bust!


Well it's official. We got Hailey's passport today and so I can now say that we are both officially going to Japan. We will be leaving on Thursday. Unfortunately we are just missing the new nonstop flight from Salt Lake to Tokyo, that starts June first, and we are leaving the 28th, so unfortunately we'll have to go to Seattle and then on to Tokyo. It will be direct back though, so I'm looking forward to that!
This may come as a shock to some of you... But just to give you a little info for those of you who didn't know: Marcus has been in Japan for two weeks now. He's doing an externship for the firm Baker and Mckenzie. We had decided originally that Hailey and I would just stay here while he did his four week externship with them, but the day before he left we started to have second thoughts. So last minute we decided to book a trip for Hailey and I to meet him there. So the last couple of weeks I have been rushing to try to get this little girl a passport and figure out how on earth I'm going to survive a 10 1/2 hour flight with a one year old sitting on my lap. I know I'm crazy. But for any of you out there who have endured flights with young children and would like to give me advice I am all ears. I'm pretty sure I'll be desperate enough to try just about anything. Anyway wish me good luck...I'm definitely going to need it!!! :)
(Oh and cute little picture huh? Poor little Hailey had a face plant in our parking lot a few days ago. So sad. Ah the joys of an independent walking child!)

4 comments:

  1. No way!! I've been wondering how you're doing without Marcus.. I hope your flight goes well-- I don't even want to think of Addie on a 10 hour flight!! :) Luckily Hailey is pretty mild tempered though! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't worry and think "This too shall pass." Be sure to write in your journal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear about the trip! I say go for the drugs, maybe for both of you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe he's already been there 2 weeks and you're headed out! I would also say go for the Dramanine for Hailey.(I don't know how you spell that) Or call your doctor and see what he'd recommend. But as for you I probably wouldn't take a whole lot of anything just for the sake of your daughter!! I know how you sleeep!! Have fun on your trip!!! See ya when you get back!

    ReplyDelete