June 17, 2009
Car Troubles
So nothing is more stressful to me than car issues, and I swear Marcus and I seem to have them constantly. This week is no exception. Monday Marcus missed the bus on his way to work and so instead started driving the escort to Sandy where he was going to park it and take Trax into Salt Lake...well as he was getting off the 90th south exit it started smoking...long story short it needs a new clutch...YAY! So we were down to one car. Then today I decided to take the Mazda into Big O to get the tires rotated and to have the oil changed...well somehow I brought it in running fine and as soon as I left it was making all these weird noises every time I'd accelerate. Well I brought it back after driving around the block and told them I was afraid they hadn't attached a tire or something because it sounded like the car was about to break down at any moment. They messed with it for about another 30 minutes and informed me that they hadn't done anything wrong, but that my transmission needed to be looked at. (yes this is the transmission that was replaced just 2 years ago). How an Oil change and a tire rotation result in the need for a new transmission I have no idea, but apparently it just decided to stop working there. So I didn't know where on earth I should take my car in provo, but I found a little shop and I went up to the man that owned it and told him what happened, and for some reason I just started crying...So embarrassing...Anyway he assured me it would be fine, and I tried to regain my composure in the waiting room. He worked on it rotated my tires again drove it around and did everything possible and then came back and let me know it really was my transmission and it needed to be replaced and they don't do transmissions there, so I had to drive it home. (Nicest guy in the world though he didn't charge me a thing). But that was possibly the worst news in the world. So now here we are with 0 working cars. Oh and our warranty on the transmission just expired in January, so no luck there. We are going to take it back into that shop that originally did the transmission and just see if it's something they can fix with out replacing it. But things aren't looking good right now. So if anyone out there needs a pick me up, just think...at least I'm not the Hintze's right now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kristen...go get our car...it needs to be run anyway! Call me for my neighbors number, that all sucks really bad! Just think of the nice cars you'll have when marcus is an attorney!
ReplyDeleteHey girl!! All this car crap sucks, sorry it all happened at once. Hope it's all coming together for you guys.
ReplyDeleteOh girl! We are down to one car too! John got in an accident and totaled MY ACCORD! AH! Oh well! I guess that is all you can say sometimes! At least you are laughing at yourself cuz that is all you can do sometimes right? And I know you are good at that so keep it up! Sure love you!
ReplyDelete