June 11, 2015

Two Months with Lucas

Our little Lucas has never actually been that little but he has been absolutely adored from the moment he was born.  We are all crazy about this little boy.  His big sisters love to take care of him and help.  At Lucas's 2 month appointment he weighed 15.4 pounds and was 25 inches.













 The first month with Marcus around on paternity leave was like a dream.  I had all this help, and Marc and I got to spend way more time together than normal.  We watched a lot of shows and enjoyed our time cuddling Lucas.  It was so good though that adjusting back to real life was super hard.  I was really stressed out that second month, because for the first time I really had to figure out how to do everything on my own, juggling three kids.  School pick up, getting dinner ready, and then getting all the kids in bed was really hard.  Fortunately day by day it got a little easier, and after a month or two we'd settled into a pretty decent routine.  Unfortunately the three months after paternity leave were three of the busiest months Marcus has ever had, but we made it through.

I love these little girls of mine.  They were patient with me through it all.  I was not the best mom those first couple of months, but they helped where they could, even learning how to wash their own hair so that I wouldn't have to come in and do it while bouncing around a little sleepy baby.  They are wonderful little girls, and fantastic sisters!



No comments:

Post a Comment