June 11, 2015

Avery's 4th Birthday!

With all the craziness of Lucas's birth, visitors, and the holidays I was feeling super worn out in January!  But, Avery had taken everything in stride, and was amazing!  We had promised both the girls a big friend party this year, so we decided to do it at "La Bolsa Magica".  Avery was a hit!  I thin almost all of the kids from her class came, and she invited a couple friends from outside of school.  All in all I think there were about 25 people there!  She was thrilled, and loved having a day all about her. 


 Her party was the Saturday before her birthday.  On the morning of her birthday Avery decided she wanted a butterfly cake.  She had told me all week she wanted a Texas fudge cake, but the morning of she said she would be devastated without a butterfly cake.  I thought it might kill me to try to make a cake like this.  (keep in mind we have no cake mixes here so everything had to made from scratch).  But I was feeling like such a lame mom I didn't want to disappoint her.  So, the day of her birthday I had to go grocery shopping and make a cake and attempt to decorate it all while bouncing around a sweet little baby that could for the first 3 months of life only nap in my arms.  It was exhausting, and her cake ended up being one of the homeliest cakes in the world, BUT it was a butterfly cake, and that was all that mattered to our sweet Avery.  She was thrilled.



I say this every year, but Avery is a very complex personality.  She is incredibly stubborn, which makes her difficult at times, but when she's sweet there is truly no one sweeter.  She is such a kind loving girl and is so fun and spunky!  Life just wouldn't be the same with out her! 

While Kimberly was here Avery asked her to be her scribe and wrote me this note:

"Dear Mommy,

Happy Birthday!  I love you!  I missed not giving you another present but I just couldn't do it.  It's just that simple.  Can I do it tomorrow?  Pretty Please?  I love you.  Mommy don't cry, Santa's gonna come on your next birthday.  I love the color of your hair.  I love the baby you have in your arms.  I love the name Lucas.  It was one of the names I love.  It was kind of you to do the stuff I say.  But, I love you mommy.  I'm writing a note to you just because.  You're really nice to me and Hailey.  Even though I love you doesn't mean I'll hit Hailey and Lucas.  I love your birthday.  It was very fun because I said.  This is me.

Love, Avery"

Hahaha, she is the sweetest girl, and WE LOVE OUR AVERY!

No comments:

Post a Comment