We decided to do Lucas's blessing the first week of January while Kimba was still here visiting. Despite missing a lot of family it was, of course, a wonderful day! Marcus gave him a very sweet blessing. He said many beautiful things, but one thing I loved was him blessing him to be kind and to have a desire to help others, and to have a close relationship with his mother and sisters.
I was worried he might scream through the blessing because his nap hadn't been perfect, and he likes to be snuggled close to someone. He was asleep right before the blessing, but as I handed him over to Marcus he woke up and started crying. Fortunately, when Marc took him up they bounced him up and down, and he calmed down. It ended up being perfect!
Lucas one day may not love that I dressed him in a dress for his blessing day, but I figure the boy was born in Spain, he might as well look like a Spaniard! I also love the frilly little boy clothes here, so I had to take advantage. He looked adorable! He was already growing out of his outfit at 2 months, but we made it work. He is such a beautiful and sweet baby boy! We are the luckiest to be able to call him ours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment