October 30, 2014

4th of July

Since I completely skipped over this, but have several pictures I thought I better post something about our Fourth of July celebrations.  To be honest both Marc and I felt a little homesick around this time.  We wished more than anything we could be sitting at either his or my parent's house while they were BBQing some wonderful food, and that we could be hanging out with all our siblings.  The funny thing about that is even if we were in the US at that time, it wouldn't be that way.  Our family is so spread out right now, and Marc's parents aren't even living in their house in Utah, so it was completely silly, but I guess we were just homesick for Fourth of July's past.  We've had some great Fourth's with family, and this one just wasn't quite the same. 

We tried our best to make it a little special though.  We went out to eat at HardRock Cafe, and Marc and I were able to get a little of our BBQ fix there.  Marcus even went to a party store and spent like 3 euros a piece on a few sparklers for the girls.  They were the worst sparklers ever, but I don't think the girls realized that.  They really lasted like 3 seconds and took about 5 minutes to light.  But the girls were thrilled, and they are so lucky to have such a sweet dad who was so determined to get his kids sparklers on the Fourth. 





So, it was nothing like our old Fourth of July's in the states, and we missed family and fireworks and all that other fun terribly, but it was still OK.  At least our little family was together.  The girls love any chance to celebrate anything, so they loved it, and we loved watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment