We flew into Paris super early Saturday morning and kind of hit the ground running. We rented a car from the airport and drove out to Versailles. It is an amazing palace. Definitely the most intricate palace I've ever seen.
The gardens are huge, and we really could have spent an entire day just exploring the palace and gardens, but instead we packed it into a couple of hours so that we could get on to our next stop. The girls liked it, but they have seen so many palaces now they aren't quite as blown away by them as we are. They definitely aren't having the childhood I had. I'm sure someday they'll look back and appreciate these experiences.
After Versailles we stopped off and grabbed some amazing pastries, and a baguette. I think the pastry we had here was the best of our trip. We still don't even know for sure what it was, but it was incredible! France has the most amazing bakeries in the world!
After some food we got in the car and drove to Le Mont Saint Michel. I say "we" drove, but really I was the one who had to drive this entire trip! Marcus's license expired on his birthday the day before and so I got to be the driver for our time in France. It was super stressful for me, but luckily we survived.
Le Mont Saint Michel is so beautiful. The little town is so cute and charming. We fortunately got there in time to walk through the Monastery. It was getting dark and so the place was candle lit and they had people playing instruments in different rooms. It was just an incredible experience. After exploring we headed out for some food, an d then went back to our hotel.
It was about as perfect a first day of vacation as we could have hoped for. As much as people say traveling with children is hard (and don't get me wrong in many ways it is) I was so happy we had the girls here with us. It was so fun to be able to explore with them. And I was so happy to be able to show Marcus this place, and have this experience as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment