January 2, 2014

The Last Day in Copenhagen

By our last day we'd seen most of the big sites we'd really wanted to, so we decided to go on the Carlsberg Brewery tour.  We don't drink, but we had heard it was worth our time, and we were told at the end you get 2 free beers, or sodas...not being people who can easily pass up free things we decided to go.  I have to say the museum there was kind of cool.  It had some interesting historical information.  Like for instance they found remains of a little girl being buried with a pot of rum several thousand years ago.  Meaning the Danish have, for a long time, been using beer in their culture at times of grief and celebration.  We had fun, and though we felt some pressure to truly connect with our roots with a bottle of beer we ended up opting for sodas instead. 

Maybe one of my favorite things about this trip was that after we were done and waiting in the gift shop Hailey leaned over to me and said, "Mom, I know what I want to get dad for Christmas this year...A BEER!"  Haha, maybe taking our kids to a brewery wasn't the best idea, but it was a lot of fun.



After our Brewery tour we headed into the National Museum in Copenhagen.  We picked up a Hans Christian Anderson book of Fairy tales, and then we saw a few exhibits.  After the museum we went to Christiansborg Palace.  The Rooms in Christiansborg Palace are used for official receptions, New Year courts, and ambassadorial receptions.  I really loved looking around this place.  I wish I could be invited to something there.  It was truly beautiful!

 Every little girl should get to dance in a palace with her dad.  ;)
 Every room was stunning.
After Christiansborg we were pretty exhausted and decided just to head over to our favorite Christmas market and take one last walk through.  Our timing couldn't have been better because we bumped right into Santa!  It was an awesome unexpected surprise for these little Spain girls. 




We loved Copenhagen.  It was such a cute city.  We had a blast, and I'm so happy we decided to go.

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a great trip! Did Marcus end up getting that beer for Christmas :-)? So funny! Great Santa! What an amazing experience! The castles are ubelieveable. Can you imagine that lifestyle?!

    ReplyDelete