Sunday we headed to the airport and took the hour flight from Copenhagen to Stockholm. On our cab ride from the airport to our hotel I got some views of the city that were just unreal. Stockholm is stunningly beautiful. It really is. Copenhagen is like a mini Stockholm. We spent the rest of our Sunday looking around and exploring the Old town area of Stockholm called "Gamla Stan." It's supposed to be one of the oldest preserved city centers in the world. It's really cute, full of small cobble stone streets.
Our timing wasn't the best. All the museums and the palace are closed on Mondays, so we missed out on seeing some of the cool stuff. We were able to go to Skansen though, which is an open air museum. They have brought in homes from all over Sweden and from all different times, some even are from the late 1600's. It was really cool to see how people lived in different areas of the country at different times, and to see how different classes lived. The Malmberg's in Marcus's family come from Sweden, and the Larson's in my family are from Sweden. It was cool to kind of imagine what life may have been like for them.
They had pony riding there, so before we left the girls each HAD to have a pony ride.
Some pictures of the homes there:
After Skansen We headed on a boat tour. The views from the boat were amazing.
After our beautiful and cold boat tour we went back into old town and had dinner. Both Marcus and I couldn't get over how beautiful Stockholm was. I'm so happy we decided to go. It was really fun.
Windblown travelers.
We had such a good time. Our only regret is that we wish we could have eaten more street vendor Doughnuts. Stockholm was a blast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







So amazing! Looks like the girls were fantastic travelers! I'd love to try a doughnut!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing trip! The pics are beautiful, so I can only imagine that the reality was stunning. I'm so happy you took that trip (makes me kind-a jealous!); and what incredible little travelers you have, too!
ReplyDelete