In order to make it to Utah and see Marcus's parents before they left for El Salvador we had to pull Hailey out of school 2 weeks early. It was so sad. Her last day of school a couple of her friends even cried. I'm so glad we had this experience. And that Hailey will always be able to say that she was a PS 198 bulldog.
July 25, 2013
Last Day of Pre K
I have said this before, but I feel like it was such a huge blessing that Hailey got into Pre K. It kept her busy and entertained, and allowed me to do playgroup. We both made some great friends there. It was a wonderful year. Her class was so diverse. They looked like a mini UN. She learned a lot too. By the end of the year she was reading which has been wonderful.
In order to make it to Utah and see Marcus's parents before they left for El Salvador we had to pull Hailey out of school 2 weeks early. It was so sad. Her last day of school a couple of her friends even cried. I'm so glad we had this experience. And that Hailey will always be able to say that she was a PS 198 bulldog.
To say figuring out schooling in New York is stressful would be an understatement. Everyone in New York is very intense about education. So much so that even a very calm unconcerned parent can become obsessed. I definitely fell into this trap. Private school tuition in NYC is 40,000 a year, and so that was not an option. So, I went ahead and had Hailey tested for the NYC gifted and Talented programs. (We had a great experience at her school, but it doesn't have great test scores, and many people wouldn't send their kids to a school like this). Anyway, in the end all that stress was for nothing because we are leaving, but I do have to brag a little. Hailey scored in the 98th percentile on the G and T test and ended up getting placed in the G and T program in her school. It was kind of bitter sweet. I'm so excited for her to have the experience in Spain, but a little sad she's not going to keep being a Bulldog. At any rate we will always love the time we spent here.
In order to make it to Utah and see Marcus's parents before they left for El Salvador we had to pull Hailey out of school 2 weeks early. It was so sad. Her last day of school a couple of her friends even cried. I'm so glad we had this experience. And that Hailey will always be able to say that she was a PS 198 bulldog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hailey is so smart! This post reminds me of that song she sang to us about leaving Pre-K and letting her light shine :-) "We're ready to move on..." I especially like that it had about half a dozen verses! So so cute and funny!
ReplyDelete