Friday night my mom was flying into town. I was super excited because we'd planned a Princess party for Saturday afternoon with some of Hailey's little girl friends. Anyway, my mom called and told us she had landed and then about twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door. I went to look through the peep hole and no one was standing there, I thought my mom was just being funny, so I opened the door, and out jumped Ash! It was an amazing surprise! about 15 minutes later my mom came and Ash surprised her too. It made our princess party SO SO much better. Ashlee painted toenails and fingernails, while I supervised necklace making, and my mom set up the roof and waited up there until Marc made it. I had been overly nervous about this party for some time, and just having these guys here was a huge relief!
Hailey, Tori, Sadie, Margo, and Sophia making necklaces
Avery really wanted Ash to paint her fingernails and toenails, but when I told her to smile for me this was what I got. Haha!I found a lady online who did face painting and balloons for the girls. She was adorable, the girls loved her!!
Tori, Melissa, Hailey and Margo showing off their face paint.
We did toenail painting, made necklaces, played kiss the frog, did face painting and got balloons and then headed up the roof for cupcakes and snacks.
Margo, Melissa, Hailey and Sophia. These three girls all go to school with Hailey. They are super fun, cute little girls! I feel bad I didn't get a picture of all the girls there, but they were all adorable!
After our guests left we headed back to the apartment and Hailey opened up presents.
It was very exciting!
Saturday was so fun and intense that had Ash and my mom not been in town I probably would have just thrown a cake in a pan and put some sprinkles on the top and called it good for her actual birthday on Sunday. Ash is awesome though and wouldn't let that happen. She made this unicorn cake that Hailey had seen in a magazine and decided she MUST have. Ash didn't like how it turned out, but Hailey was beyond thrilled with it. Sunday we woke up, went to church, Ash made the cake, and then we had cake and presents before Marc had to head back to work.
Hailey was thrilled with all of her gifts. She said "This is the best birthday ever!" Something I love about Hailey is she is excited about everything. Everything is the best ever.
My grandparents sent Hailey a card with 10 dollars in it. I asked her what she would do with it and she said, "I think I'll sell it for some candy." Haha...We love our Hailey.
One of the sadder things is that when Hailey woke up Sunday morning her poor face was all swollen! She has had a reaction to face painting before, but I thought maybe it was just a fluke. It turns out our little girl is allergic to face paint. I think if I really scrub it off well she's OK, but Saturday night I really didn't do the best job, and Sunday morning she woke up like this. An adorable little swollen face. Her left side was more swollen than her right, so I think I did a little better job washing off the right side than the left. I felt a little guilty. By Sunday evening though she was back to normal. She was completely unfazed by it though, and tried to tell me it wasn't the face paint it was something else that made her face swell.
We love our little 5 year old!!!
Can't believe she's five! Best surprise ever... So cool about Ash. Glad you had reinforcements for the princess party :-)! Looks amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! Happy Birthday Hailey! We wish we were there to celebrate together, cute people. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a super fun time! She reminds me of Marcus because he would always say "This is the best day ever!". I love that. Avery is so grown up she is just one of the girls too. I am so excited to see you all here in a month! Love to all!
ReplyDelete