February 19, 2013

Surviving Winter

 I feel like we've lucked out so far with our New York winters.  Last year was super mild, and this year has been the same.  We've had maybe one decent sized storm both years, and during the week of that storm I've thought that there's no way I could do this if all winter was that way.  Having to push a stroller through snow is not an easy task. 

Anyway, even though winter has been mild it's still not my favorite season.  Luckily we've had a few things to help get us through lately.  The biggest was a visit from Ash and her boyfriend Chris.  We had such a good time with them here.  The girls especially were in heaven.  They love their aunt Ash! 
 

We spent most of our time just hanging out enjoying the company.
Ash and Chris were so sweet and took Avery to FAO Schwartz to pick out some toys.  She thought everything looked great. 

 She ended up settling on a cute little dog and a baby doll that can go in the bathtub.  (Way more than she needed.  Ash and Chris are super generous.)

Boo came too.  The girls LOVE this little dog.  They were thrilled to have him.
The last thing we've done to help brighten up our winter is finally put Hailey in a gymnastics class.  She loves it! 

Winter has been fine, but I'm crossing my fingers that the ground hog was right this year.  PLEASE let spring be around the corner!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm missing you guys already!!! Chris and I had so much fun!!

    Auntie Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about winter! I'm glad you had such fun visitors!

    ReplyDelete