Thanksgiving was so fun. My mom and step dad Bruce flew in on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning we took Hailey to school and then they accompanied Avery and I to Costco. My mom gets a serious kick out of my trips, and thought Bruce had to see it. It was super nice for me. Any extra hand I get on these voyages is wonderful. Anyway, after Costco we came back picked Hailey up from school and enjoyed some down time together. I had bought Hailey some new snow clothes at Target, and she was sure she had to watch her show with them on.
Wednesday night Ash flew in with her puppy Boo. My girls were in heaven. Of course they were happy to see Ash, but man they were ecstatic to have a puppy running around the apartment.
Thanksgiving morning we woke up bright and early to head to the parade. After the parade we came home and relaxed and made dinner. It was awesome to have my mom here. She helped make everything and gave me good tips for my future Thanksgivings.
Our table, which is in the closet every other day of the year, only seats four, so Ash sweetly offered to man the kids table for us. Friday after Thanksgiving my mom, Ash, Hailey, and Avery went to Wreck it Ralph, while Marcus and Bruce went to another show, and I did some black Friday holiday shopping.
Saturday my mom left early to try to get tickets for Hailey and her to go to Annie. They didn't have any at the TKTS booth, but my mom entered and won the lottery, so they were able to go. Hailey had a great time. She said it was different then the movie though. I asked what her favorite song was, and she said The Sun Will Come out Tomorrow.
While we were waiting for Mom and Hailey to get out of Annie Ash and I stood in line at TKTS for tickets to the evening show of Jersey Boys. We had heard it was good, but weren't exactly sure what to expect. Ash, Marc, and I went to the show that night while my mom and Bruce watched the girls. It was so good! I feel a little bad that mom and Bruce didn't go with us, because I think they would have loved it. It was such a fun night out!
Hailey got to walk Boo, which she was thrilled about!
Ash went back to Chicago Sunday night. Hailey was devastated. She cried for several minutes. I think she was equally sad about Boo leaving. :)Monday I kept Hailey home from school and me, my mom, Bruce, and the girls headed to Macy's to see Santa. They have an area there called Santaland. It's amazing. There's a big train on the outside and you go through a tunnel that shakes and sounds like a train and then get off into a little elf land. It's really cute.
Hailey was super excited to see Santa. When she walked in the room he said, "Hailey, I was hoping you'd come see me" She got a little star struck I think. When he asked her what she wanted for Christmas she kind of froze. Then I reminded her and she said, "I'd like a mommy doctor doll." It was sweet. She kind of stroked the fur on his coat in adoration too. It was funny. Avery on the other hand had no problem remembering what she wanted him to bring her, but she didn't want to sit on or near his lap for anything. I was holding her across the room though and he asked what she'd like and she said, "purple baby doll." I've since talked her out of the purple, but I thought that was funny. The picture above is the closest shot we got of her to Santa.
It was a lot of fun. Macy's definitely does a great job on Santaland.
After Macy's Marc met us for lunch and then we went home. Mom and Bruce got their things together and headed to the airport. It was sad to have them leave, but such a great week. Thanksgiving 2012 was wonderful!
So fun! I'm kind of jealous of the plays - the pros to being in NYC :) Also, random comment, but Hailey's feet look big in her boots...it gives me comfort to think that maybe Ella is not alone. Ella is already wearing a 12!!! Her friend came over for a play date the other day wearing a size 8 shoe and I started to worry ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks SOOOO fun! The girls matching outfits are adorable!!! Your family is awesome. Looks like they had a great time. I'm a little curious to know what Bruce and Marcus saw when they opted out of Wreck it Ralph :-)!
ReplyDelete