A few days ago a friend of mine from high school text me and asked if I was ready for the huge hurricane headed our way. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about. Well now I do.
Things are shutting down here in the city. It feels a little like a ghost town. It's super overcast and quiet outside. The subway is closing in an hour and a half, and the schools will be closed at least tomorrow. Marc's office also said not to go in tomorrow. It sounds like we'll have a day or two of serious family time.
I've never been in a Hurricane before. I think we're prepared...we have stocked up on water, flashlights and batteries, and food. Hopefully we have enough. Last year we came apartment hunting right after Irene. It seemed like the city had been pretty unphased then, hopefully Sandy is the same. I don't know if I'm mentally prepared to be trapped in a tiny apartment with 2 children with out power for am extended period of time! Actually I know I'm not, but As everything is in NYC, it will be an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're praying for you! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteI just saw this post. I'm glad you're prepared and hopefully it will just be fun family time! Keep us posted!
ReplyDelete